PDA

View Full Version : Student Pilot, and new to these forums

Thief13x
26th Feb 2004, 03:59
I just registered on these forums a few minutes ago, and i just thought i would peek in an say hi. Here's some info about me if anyone's intrested...

My name's Dave and I'm 17 years old from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. I started taking flight lessons about two years ago, and have been rather slow getting my license. I solo'd last June, and passed my written in Auguest with a 98% (the king course served me well);) . This past winter i haven't been able to fly much as the weather has been really sucky. Right now i'm waiting for some nice weather to do some pattern work before going on my first solo cross country, because ive already went over the flight planning for that with my instructor. You will probably see me around here fairly often, as i always seem to have questions for other pilots and never get a chance to ask them. ;)

Plan for the future: My ultimate dream would be to fly for the millitary, maybe a c130 transport pilot. I want to retire flying for Hawaiian airlines.:cool: (we can all hope right?):)

Peace

Harves
26th Feb 2004, 09:16
Hi Thief,

Welcome to the legendry PPRuNe,

Look forward to talking with you. There is a lot to learn from people here, but always remember to carry a pinch of salt.

Happy flying.

Harves

FlyingForFun
26th Feb 2004, 16:16
Welcome, Dave - glad to have you on board.

If you haven't done so already, I recommend popping into the Private Flying forum, as well as this one. We're a very friendly bunch of people in there, and all keen to talk about anything to do with PPL flying or training - whereas this forum, although jus as friendly, is aimed at commercial students who already have a PPL.

Also, note that the majority of people on these forums are British, so if you have questions specifically about flying in the US (e.g. airspace, r/t, local procedures) then it's worth making it clear that you're talking about America, otherwise you'll get lots of (interesting but) not very relevant replies about the UK.

FFF
--------------

Thief13x
26th Feb 2004, 22:03
Ah, thanks for the tip, i will move my last post.

Happy flying

Dave