PDA

View Full Version : Broadband , Linksys Router and VPN

Hamrah
25th Feb 2004, 17:08
I'm stumped on this one and would appreciate any thoughts:-

I run a home network through a Linksys router, with 1mb Broad band connection.

I connect to the office over VPN, which all worked fine until about three weeks ago.

After installing a Slimdevice MP3 wireless server, I was required to update the firmware on the router. Since updating, the VPN connection won't work properly.

It connects to the work server, then hangs up on "verifying user name and password". I am assurted there has been no change on the work server end, so I must assume something has changed with the Router Firmware settings. I've looked at the options , but nothing obvious jumps out at me.

Any thoughts?

H

ORAC
25th Feb 2004, 17:40
Can you just confirm you copied aall the settings on the router prior to re-flashing it and then re- entered them afterwards?

If so, let use know the model and the settings, ( password and log-on name excepted. :O )

Hamrah
25th Feb 2004, 18:09
ORAC

The model is a Linkysys BEFSR41.

I hadn't changed anything from the default settings when I set it up. I'm hoping someone might point me at a particular area in the comprehensive settings list to try something.

Oh yes...and User name is JohnM, and the password is ********* :) :)

ORAC
25th Feb 2004, 19:06
Immediate things to try,

It looks like the latest firmware brought in full support for PPPoE.

1. Enable PPPoE on the router setup page and re-enter your user name and password.

2. Disable/remove any PPPoE client software you might have been using instead on your PC (WinPOET, Enternet, Access Manager etc).

3. Enable PPTP and IPSec pass-through on the filters admin page.

Hamrah
25th Feb 2004, 20:51
ORAC,

Couldn't find item's (1) or (2), but item three did the trick.

Thanks

H