PDA

View Full Version : NAS Stage 2C going ahead Nov 2004

Niles Crane
25th Feb 2004, 10:10
I have just recieved this email:

quote:

Dear airspace user

Thank you for your contribution to previous NAS Safety workshops.

This email is to give you preliminary advice that we intend to conduct safety workshops in the near future to cover the changes that are planned for implementation in November 2004 as Stage 2c of the NAS. I would greatly value your participation in these workshops.

We propose holding three workshops for these changes, each of two days duration in Sydney, Perth and Darwin. You will only need to attend one workshop. We will be holding workshops in Perth and Darwin because the US CTAF issue is of particular interest to some aviators and other stakeholders in WA and NT. The purpose of the workshops is to examine the planned
changes and to identify and mitigate any risks associated with implementing them. . The proposed dates are:

First Workshop: Sydney 29&30 March
Second workshop: Perth 1&2 April
Third Workshop: Darwin 5&6 April

The NAS Stage 2c package will consist of the following characteristics:

NAS Characteristic
29 US CTAF procedures
44 Lowering of non-radar Class E airspace to FL145
7 New VFR entry procedures into Class D airspace
6 Encouraging US-style Unicoms

I will send you an agenda and a pre-reading package on the proposed changes as soon as I can.

I would appreciate it if you would pencil the date in your diary.
Please let us know if you (or a nominee) will be able to attend, and which city you would prefer - by phone to Peter Ferraris on 02 6274 7952 or email to [email protected].
> Regards

> Brian Pardy
> NASIG Manager, Safety
> telephone: 02 6274 6056
> mobile: 0419 294 774
> email: [email protected]
> Address:
> National Airspace Implementation Group
> Floor 3E, DOTARS Building
> 111 Alinga Street Canberra
>
end quote

Is anyone running this ship????

How can we be rolling back and going full steam ahead at the same time????

This needs to be stopped NOW!!

PS Can this be made "sticky"

SM4 Pirate
25th Feb 2004, 12:29
My bet would be forget characteristics 44 and 7; anything that involves Airservices is on the proverbial backburner.

Icarus2001
25th Feb 2004, 15:44
Surprising that they are not all on April 1.:rolleyes:

DownDraught
25th Feb 2004, 20:55
Get in, strap up and tighten the harness, it seems Aus Aviation is heading full tilt boogie for the sun!!!:confused:

QSK?
26th Feb 2004, 06:40
Bloody Hell!

Is the Minister for National Aero-NOUGHTical Safety asleep or something? What's the Department doing? Don't they read PPrune?

Surely considering the debacle to date, I would have thought that the progress of the whole NAS implementation should be taken back to ToRs and thorough reviewed by all stakeholders to ensure it complied with world's best implementation practice as outline by VoR in another thread!

DownDraught
26th Feb 2004, 19:15
We cannot be trusted here as we don't use our real names, haven't you heard!

Philthy
27th Feb 2004, 05:55
The hand is clearly not on the rudder, but on something else entirely!

According to the CASA NPRM 0401AS, NAS 2c is concerned with Characteristic 29 (CAR 166, circuit procedures, etc). And I think they should be the ones to know.