PDA

View Full Version : Beech 1900 Type rating

BritishGuy
25th Feb 2004, 05:56
I was wanting to ask if anyone knew where I can get a Beech 1900 Type rating (Initial). I phoned up flightsafety the otherday and they quoted me $15,100. Then I was advised to call up some community college in Colorado...I think the place was AIMS in Greery. They quoted me $11,500. Now seeing that there is quite some difference in the price quoted, I was wondering if shopping around anymore can bring the price down further. If anyone knows of anywhere I can obtain the B1900D type rating then I'd appreciate it if you could tell me where. An approximation of the price would be nice, but I can call up myself and find out that information.

CAE Simuflite and Pan Am have been tried and they can't help.

Thanks.

concordino
25th Feb 2004, 15:25
what license will the B1900D endorsment have to be put on ?

BritishGuy
25th Feb 2004, 21:46
Its an FAA ticket

concordino
25th Feb 2004, 23:52
I think 11500 you got quoted isn't far from a reasonable price.

I think FSI sells the 1900 rating for airlines customers for about the same price.

check your PM.
C

BritishGuy
26th Feb 2004, 10:24
I've managed to find one fro $6500 with www.fti737.com Hmmm.....I'll have to look into this one. Thanks for your replies though.

alexb757
27th Feb 2004, 04:54
Good on you for shopping around - knowledge is power in making an informed decision.

However, consider this: a Beech 1900 is a turboprop with less than 40 seats. So, if any one is going to charge you $10,000+, ask yourself what do you get for the 10G? Just the type rating? Is accommodation and manuals included?

The reason I mention this is that you can get a turbojet type rating for FAR less eg. B737 for around $6000 (basic -200) or a Citation for even less. Why in the world would you want to fork out that kind of money for a turboprop? It's like the company (who shall be nameless) that once advertised for pay-for-own-training as a condition of employment for a J31 FO position. The catch was it cost you $7,500 and for that you did not even get a type rating but were "guaranteed" an interview!!

Maybe after graduation, they "offer" you time in type as well? Ask lots of questions including what you get for the price. Be very specific and if they hesitate, move on. My first question would be how come it costs more for a B1900 than either of the jets mentioned above.

Last but not least, the training organizations like FSI are always going to be the most expensive because training is their bread and butter. And judging by your final post, British, it seems like you have stumbled on what I am trying to say here ...I've managed to find one fro $6500 with www.fti737.com
Just curious...do they do B1900s with a title like 737?

M.85
29th Feb 2004, 22:34
hi there,

I just checked the link...24 hours sim seems quite a small amount of hours..it should be around 40 hours for a "type rating".
As it is an American business..make sure you actually get a real "type Rating" and not an SIC checkout,like all (i think) american airlines train you for..

All the best,

M.85

Desert Budgie
16th Mar 2004, 03:43
i have a feeling that fti737 and the aims community college may be using the same place. as i am interested in the B1900 too, i ran a search for the aims website and read their news release. it said something like they would be using the full motion B1900D sim from CAE in denver colorado. and u said it would be around 11,500 for the course.

now fti737 are saying they use a full motion B1900D sim in denver colorado for 6,500 but it also says based on at least 2 people training. so, 11,500, 2x6,500 for 13,000, it kinda seems the fti place is sharing the time between 2 folk somehow to acheive the rating...???

also, to give u a hand, embry riddle at daytona beach have started type ratings, i believe using a full motion beech 1900D sim from flight safety, actually based in daytona. im not sure on the price, or what the prerequisits are to apply, but it might be worth a look.

cheers
DB