PDA

View Full Version : experience

ian mc
25th Feb 2004, 04:17
As an ex-military Nav with 1000 hours, FATPL, MCC, IR, FI(R) what else can i do to get an interview? I seem to be stuck between 'no type rating' and not '20 years old with 250 hours' but fresh out of Oxford. Banging my head against a wall is beginning to hurt! I am rapidly concluding that i should have invested in some 'buy to let' properties instead. However, not ready to quit yet. Any advice appreciated.

dreamingA380
25th Feb 2004, 18:00
Check your PM
Check your PM

Jobear
26th Feb 2004, 02:28
When I was flight instructing we had a fair amount of Forigien nationals teaching at different schools in the US. Many went back to their home countries after racking up some hours and doing the JAR conversion.
Just a thought....

Mr Magoo
26th Feb 2004, 05:06
We live in interesting times...........

There seem to be a lot of us older 1000Hr plus instructor types who see the 250Hr 20 year olds getting jet jobs while we are, to quote the recruiter from a large operator, a "training risk" so therefore unemployable.

If I knew then what I know now I'd have stayed a PPL and kept the brand new Audi and the stash of cash, but at least I can take a joke - so all's not lost!

As I say, interesting times mate...............

:ouch:

Krallu
26th Feb 2004, 16:41
What?

You have too much time, too much experience. But what are you going to do when you are a pilot and would like to fly? If you don't have a job you gain flight hours. Are you supposed to stop flying just to be able to get a job?

I don't understand this. ??

ian mc
27th Feb 2004, 04:29
Thanks for the advice.

I have applied twice to give Easyjet £23,000 for a type rating and can't even get a sniff of that, i think i might spend it on an Audi myself, a TT roadster with spring approaching would be nice!!

I spoke to someone in a large charter airline recently who told me his chief pilot isn't interested in people like me, he wants low houred youngsters in his right hand seats. No house moves, wife and kids etc to worry about.

Its all very frustrating, but i did come into it with my eyes wide open

skyman68
27th Feb 2004, 05:57
ian.thats not true. noone hire low time pilots actually.
I have same experience like you, and I am ready to pay my t/r if I can get a contract with a SERIOUS company.

so do not give up to look around and send your resumes...