PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion

jau
25th Feb 2004, 01:16
Hi all,
I just have a suggestion to make about the PPRUNE site. I have noticed that a lot of the posts on the forums here are full of debates that keep on being brought up again and again and generally seem to get nowhere. You know the ones, university first or not? Modular or Integrated? IR or instructor rating? Type ratings, funding, time, family issues etc. Well, they are all valid points for discussion but to be honest it gets very tiring because there are no right answers, it all depends on the individuals personal circumstances.
I thought that maybe a page with a few descriptions of how others have 'made' it would help things. Not too dissimilar to what was in 'Pilot' a few months ago (october?). You could have about ten or so biographies of say, the airline pilot, the charter pilot, the flight instuctor, all with differing backgrounds and routes to their CPL or fATPL.

It would be great to read about how others went through their training, how they overcame family, funding and time issues. How they got a job, how people got around their personal circumstances to achieve what they wanted. I think that this would help a lot of us, who maybe are looking for a career change in their 30's, the uni student, the school boy, etc.
I think it would be lot more use than the endless list of common debates, and it would let us see how others got around a situation that we ourselves may be in.

Anyway, It would be great to hear (read) what you all think! Well, i'm off to grab a nap, so, take care all.

Jau