PDA

View Full Version : British Industry isn't Dead !

circle kay
25th Feb 2004, 01:14
Who says British Industry canít come up with the goods. A fine example of forward thinking British know how is back in production. Now all we haft to do is find the blueprints for the Buccaneer and the TSR2 and we can once again be a major second rate European power.
Rule Brittiana etc. etc.
Britian at it's best (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/04/uk_raleigh_chopper_relaunch/html/1.stm) :ok:

360BakTrak
25th Feb 2004, 16:20
What....no gear stick?!.......now thats disappointing! Moved for safety reasons my ar$e!!!!:{

simon brown
25th Feb 2004, 18:46
Ah yes remember the chopper well. Braining myself on a lamppost as I passed between the handlebars seconds after ripping my scrote on the gear lever. I wonder how much they will be asking for this retro machine. The 30 something Parka wearing graphic designer/sk8ters can now ditch the silly little scooters in favour of the chopper. Remember the Chipper and the Grifter

I wonder what other overpriced 70s pap the 30 something marketeers will be pushing.

I heard Rover Group are reincarnating the Allegro complete with stupid square steering wheel and complete inability to start in the morning and a penchant for it to become a lump of ferric oxide within a week. The top notch model will not only sport gold bri nylon trim but will have some plastic wood and a radiator grille from a london bus welded on the front. For the man about town the asthmatic TC (total crap) fast back version will be availiable with all the rackish looks of a dog having a shite.

noisy
25th Feb 2004, 19:48
It's true Si, I tried to order one but the dealer told me that the factory would be on strike for the next 3 months and that when it was delivered the back window would pop out going over a speed bump.

Never mind, might just buy a Datsun instead. :(

360BakTrak
25th Feb 2004, 19:52
I heard that the mighty 'Chopper' was going to be about £250 or there about, something about a limited edition with a plaque for a bit more tho.