PDA

View Full Version : MyTravel medical emergency 20/2 Lisbon

Stan Sted
25th Feb 2004, 00:25
I initially posted this on the medical forum but wonder if I might get an answer here

Has anyone from MyTravel any info on the condition of the 38-year-old pax with a severe nosebleed/haemorrhage involved in the ME divert to Lisbon on the night of Feb 20/21?

Can any medics explain why some people are prone to nosebleed and ear problems on flights. My wife is one and she suffered especially severe ear trouble, flying on the same MYT 320 aircraft the following morning.

I have tried to convince her that it was just coincidence and nothing to do with a pressurisation fault since no one else appeared to be in pain. Perhaps an expert could give me some guidance?

cheers

SS

mytdc10
25th Feb 2004, 04:06
The passenger in question went to the Santa Maria hospital n Lisbon where he was treated and discharged, the normal procedure followed, where his insurance company gave him the option of carrying on to TFS or going back home. All this was after a good night sleep , our handling agent we appointed there arranged for him and his family to stay in a hotel straight away.

Hope this helps.

Stan Sted
25th Feb 2004, 04:38
MYTDC10

thanks for that...Glad the chap is OK...from what we'd heard he was in quite a bad way when he left the aircraft. Sounds like the crew did a good job to get him to hospital asap.

cheers

SS

APP Radar
25th Feb 2004, 05:59
"Sounds like the crew did a good job to get him to hospital asap"

Crew and ATC !!!

Lisboa APP Radar ;-)

Stan Sted
25th Feb 2004, 17:01
Well done Lisboa Approach

How long did it take to get them down after the emergency was declared?