PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Upgrades

Lanetree
24th Feb 2004, 19:31
Howdy,

Im new to this posting game but have been following the DEC thread with interest even tho don't qual. Seen the EK package numbers and they dont appeal to much for an F/O or even for a new Capt.

Question I have is to do with upgrades and trainers. Read that bunches of trainers are leaving, is that true and are they just leaving training or EK? ANy idea why?

Upgrades, is it true that because of DEC there are no upgrade courses at the moment on the Bus? Told all the co-pilots being held back whilst DEC get trained and even heard some courses were suspended in the middle.

Any truth to these stories, worried that if I do come to EK the commands will be slow and the cash low.

LT

Backwater
24th Feb 2004, 23:56
There's plenty of truth to those rumours. Do a search on this forum and you'll find plenty of reasons not to come here.
OTY

Rgds
UAE

Rosbif
25th Feb 2004, 07:54
I'm typed on the 310 and would be more than happy to drive for a bit, leaving the 777 drivers to do their thing, and save EK gobs of cash in the process, but since the requirements are still vague (2000 in big jets still required?), we'll have to wait. If it's any consolation, EK is a lot closer to a coherent, transparent recruitment/upgrade/conditions policy than a certain other carrier in the region.
Good luck guys. I think that in your case, sanity will eventually prevail.

dooner
25th Feb 2004, 10:47
LANETREE

not sure about the FO upgrade courses being cancelled in the middle, I've been doing sim-support sessions here the last week or so and none of the guys have been DEC candidates or DEC upgrades from within the Company (these guys are all on their line-training now), all 3+ year or Accel guys.

There is a DEC course on right now and more through the April time frame, but in-house upgrade courses are still on-going for now.

I hope things haven't changed, as of 2 days ago, 2 of my neighbours and I are pencilled-in for an August course, but since a pencil mark can be erased quickly without a trace, who knows for certain

Dooner