PDA

View Full Version : A New Level of Play

B.Loser
17th Nov 2001, 01:31
Don't know how long these have been around but, can anyone tell me where this course is located?

Course Rules:

The player will furnish his own equipment for play, normally one club and two balls.

Course owner must approve equipment before play may begin.

House Rule 1; The object of the game is to get the club into the hole while keeping the balls out.

For most effective play, the club should have a firm shaft. The course owner may check the rigidness of the shaft before allowing play to commence.

Course owner reserves the right to restrict the shaft length, so as to avoid damage to the course.

House Rule 2; The object of the game is to use as many strokes as possible during course play. The course owner shall determine satisfactory completion of each round and game.

Players are cautioned to play the correct hole, as indicated by the course owner.

It is considered bad form to begin playing the hole immediately upon arrival at the course. Experienced players will admire the course, paying special attention to the well-formed bunkers.

Players are cautioned not to mention other courses they have played recently to the owner of the course presently being played.

If the course to be played is temporarily under repair, player is advised to find alternate means of play.

It is considered outstanding form to play a specified hole several times in one match.

Course owner shall be the sole judge of player rankings.

It is considered bad form to reveal your score to other players, or even that you have previously played the course.

HugMonster
17th Nov 2001, 04:04
What are the fees for playing a round or two at a friend's course?

Feeton Terrafirma
17th Nov 2001, 04:13
I've been looking for a new physical activity to help me get fit. This game sounds just right. Where do I apply for membership? I have my own club and balls already ;)

B.Loser
17th Nov 2001, 04:21
Good question -

Maybe some of the Ppruners who also happen to be course owners could offer their opinion.

Also raises several other possible scenarios (i.e. would the fees be different for type of club used? Let's say, what's the fee for using a putter compared to a three wood?)

Eagle18th
17th Nov 2001, 05:30
Some of you may have guessed that my name derives from the achievement of an Eagle at the tricky 18th hole of my chosen course...modesty prevents me from revealing how I scored on the other 17 holes I played that afternoon. :D :D :D

le loup garou
17th Nov 2001, 06:47
Just a few questions...

What are the penalties for getting stuck in the ruff?
What happens if a hole is temporarily under repair, do you get any discount?
If the hole is waterlogged can you play up through the valley into a higher hole?
Can you inspect a course before deciding to play?
Are waterproofs essential equipment?

Huggie, A friend wouldn't be friend if he didn't let you play his course a few times now would he!

Regards le loup garou

HugMonster
17th Nov 2001, 06:53
loup, I've only just noticed your location is given as London - reminds me of a film, and a course I'd like to play... :D

BTW, honoured to have you as a friend! :D :D

[ 17 November 2001: Message edited by: HugMonster ]

le loup garou
17th Nov 2001, 20:03
Are there open days at some courses, on a pay and play type basis?

I'm busy at the moment polishing my wood, I would be grateful if anyone could advise me on a good course to play.

Huggie I'm not sure what film it reminds you of but I would be interested in taking a look at it. :D Negotiations are under way with the course owner to verify friendship status. :D

Regards le loup garou

B.Loser
17th Nov 2001, 20:24
Do ya think all courses provide ball washers? I mean, all good players take pride in owning the best equipment and want to ensure it's kept in top notch condition.

Eagle18th
18th Nov 2001, 11:51
My local course has a rule that on Sunday mornings, play is restricted to three balls.
This may be more than enough for many players, but I personally favour a game of foursomes (known in the U.S.A. as "alternate shot"). :eek:
I know Sunday morning is a popular time to play, but can anyone suggest a course that would be available for our group.
I also try to improve my game with a lesson from a Professional every couple of months.
Although some might consider 20 expensive for a 30 minute session, my fellow players certainly notice the difference in my scores
after I've had my grip checked out.
I recently saw advertised some new equipment, which is claimed to reduce vibration when making a stroke...I'm not sure this will catch on.

;)