PDA

View Full Version : Biz Jets - How do I get started??

Howard Hughes
24th Feb 2004, 16:06
Gidday all, just after a little information.

Unlike most who dream of flying large passenger transports with 100's of pax in the back. I have long dreamed of flying corporate or charter jets with only a handful of pax in the back.

Now I understand that this type of aviation is very hard to break into, but would like to give it a shot. So what I am looking for is some information or perhaps even a mentor to guide me along the way to this goal.

I am already well on the way to gaining the right type of experience for this sort of position. At almost forty years of age think I am ideal in that respect. But what I need is some advice on which path to take from here.

If there is anyone out there that can help with advice on where to start looking or what other experiences I need to complete the package this would be most appreciated.

My current experience is as follows:

ATPL
Multi-engine command instrument rating (5 renewals)
4000 hours total
2000 hours command multi-engine
2000 hours multi-crew turboprop
1300 hours command multi-crew turboprop
320 hours night
280 hours instrument flight time

I have already compiled a rather large list of companies that operate this type of equipment. These I am slowly working through in order to obtain more information and/or gain some leads.

So if anyone out there can help out, please feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected].

Cheers, HH.
:ok: