PDA

View Full Version : F. 900B Initial Where??

Pilocol
24th Feb 2004, 16:01
OK guys. :cool:
The boss decided to change the XL for a 900 B..
Luky me ... Thank you ..:) the question...
Would it be better to do the initial in US (FSI) or Paris (FSI) ???:confused:

Itswindyout
25th Feb 2004, 01:15
USA, unless you speak good french......It is easier and less hassle.

Need extra crew?????????????????????

Pilocol
25th Feb 2004, 02:27
Thanks itswindyout, that's what I needed...
P.M. me and I will give you my e-mail... you never now...
We may need someone...

Keep it safe..:)

FlyMD
25th Feb 2004, 13:53
I can only support the first reply: I did a F900B initial in Paris last December and it SUCKED!
- Paris center infrastructure is old and dirty
- Ground instructors were lacking practical knowledge of the airplane
- Sim instructors OK, but only because my french is fluent
- They were not capable of getting me a FAA check, so I'm still running after that one...
- FSI Teterborough or Simuflite Dallas are your best bet..

Cheers,

727 exec
26th Feb 2004, 07:49
Can I be upfront and join the queue for extra crew....(and I'm current on the 900B too!)
;)

I did my initial at FSI Paris...oh dear! It's ok if you want every weekend off (shuts down early Friday afternoon), you get to enjoy wasting a day everytime 'they' have a national/regional holiday, the building is ancient - the facilities (ok - the tea machine and shared lunch canteen)...not to mention the lovely area (don't walk anywhere there after dark - actually, don't walk there at all after a crew were held up at knife point).

getting the picture??

On my course, I was the only person not fluent in French (that might explain the look of boredom on my face when there was a discussion in French), the scheduling was awful (10 days between sim session 1 and session 2) - but I did get the rating.

Go to Simuflite - I would have if it was my choice, but we have full service with FSI Paris.

Sorry - you did ask!!

ps Is yours Serial Number 1 ??

con-pilot
28th Feb 2004, 04:02
I went to FSI DFW for 900EX inital and 50 school. Everything brand new. Only problem is that it is a bit of a brive for lunch. On site is ok, but it gets tiresome after a week or so.

A lot better than being stuck at Teterboro. I have attended Sumiflight, not impressed, FSI across the board much better.

Pilocol
28th Feb 2004, 17:39
Thank you ... to all of you ...
I just got a call from the Co. We'll be in N.Y. ... Teterboro...
Tha's good news..
I've got all the answers I needed...
Thank you again...
For the ones that whant to join.
The plane will be based in Riyadh ... I do not have any saying on who is hired or not, but I can push a cuple of names....
Can't promess anything .. hope you understand...
Regards and thank you again...
727 exec.. I got the picture ... sorry you had to go there ..

Keep it safe..

Itswindyout
29th Feb 2004, 03:36
Glad we could be of service....

I have responded as you requested...

As to lunch in SIMU DFW, agreed it is boring after three weeks but after three days I find I have eaten too much, so lunch is just a dreak, and thats that. But the whole facility has improved, but I can not vouch for the menu.

ps 727 exec is a nice guy......but I am nicer....

Windy.

con-pilot
29th Feb 2004, 06:19
Actually the last time I was at Flight Safety DFW, half the people there would go over to Sumiflite to eat lunch there, said it was a lot better than that at FSI.

I didn't try it myself, found a small Thai resturant about 10 mins. away, so ate there most of the time.

727 exec
29th Feb 2004, 08:24
Isn't it interesting that we are assessing a school on it's ability to produce yummy grub!!

Pilocol...enjoy the 900 - I do.

Windy...thanks for the kind words - maybe I can send you my cv sometime soon!!!!!!

Itswindyout
29th Feb 2004, 16:02

Your CV reads like the charge sheet on NYPD Blues.

Keep researching and who knows I might get you to ploish my riding boots...!!!!!!

josephshankes
18th Mar 2004, 22:10
Wouldnt touch FSI at LBG with a barge pole.

viabon
19th Mar 2004, 06:36
Thanks Pilocol .

mutt
19th Mar 2004, 10:00
Pilocol,

While all of these answers are interesting, no-one has have asked what is your nationality???/

If you are Saudi, i would strongly suggest going to Paris. The US system of checking flight crew is too long.............

Mutt.............

His dudeness
21st Mar 2004, 10:38
Slightly OT, but....
I might be on a F900B soon, what Kind of Salary is normal on the left seat ? It will be my first command on a jet above 7.5 Tons and certainly is a opportunity. As I start to negociate next week, Iīd like to know some figures...
Based in Europe, private operation, about 500 hrs / year flying, no overseas ops intended.

FSI . Paris ? did a Citation course there years ago - it sucks! The on Airport Hotel (then the Blue Marin, now the Kyriad)- lowest level, the site was dirty, the sim failed fairly often and the french theoretical instructor has never flown anything smaller than a DC8, his accent was horrible - okay mine might be as well, but I donīt charge anyone to listen to me....

727 exec
21st Mar 2004, 11:48
If you are doing an FAA course at LBG, you still have to go through the DOJ clearance process...guess this would be the case anywhere.