PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing something obvious?

jayteeto
24th Feb 2004, 05:58
I have been flying the EC135 for six months now and can honestly say it is easily the most delightful flying machine that my grubby paws have poled. Gazelle, Wessex, Puma, Squirrel (1 and 2 engined), 206, Lynx and a huge list of FW don't come close!! I know about ARIS problems, but why in past threads do some people slag it off as unsuitable for role?? Am I missing something or are my kids right.... I am mental......

jellycopter
24th Feb 2004, 14:55
J. Your kids are right! Must meet up for a beer sometime when you're off-shift. J

Tiger_mate
24th Feb 2004, 22:39
JT:

Was that you having a crafty visit to the Nescliffe hunting grounds at `low level` last friday?

Not many bad guys around there at the time!

Regards

:mad:

jayteeto
24th Feb 2004, 23:48
Unless it was a very long chase with in-flight refuelling, not me I'm afraid. Up with the posh people in liverpool now.

Hilico
25th Feb 2004, 03:37
HEMS pilot I spoke to used the word 'soulless'. Then, four-up, he departed with a ten-metre translation from a hover and into a 45-degree climb, accelerating all the while. For performance like that, you can have my soul.

Giovanni Cento Nove
25th Feb 2004, 06:58
Hmmm, if you are jayteeto then I could be jaypeeto.

Haven't flown it enough yet to compare but so far so good. Few small glitches here and there but it's just a learning/understanding curve. In the current scheme and in the similar class without drawing silly boundaries they seem to outsell the A109E by about 2:1, the MD902 by about 30:1, the 427 by about 40:1. Given that the aforementioned all have similar engines.

There are very few life limited components on the 135 as well although that may not be an issue for some.

EC135P2 CPDS MEGHAS AP2000 GNS530 GNS430 A/Con EEW 1800kg!