PDA

View Full Version : Mini Hanger for a C206?

Flying Bean
24th Feb 2004, 02:55
I'm looking for one of those Canvas/Tarp hangers for a C206/C210. A year or so ago they seemed to be adverised everywhere. Now I can't find any sign. Any leads??

On a larger scale the strong rand has made the full size hangers, (20 x 30 m) incredibly expensive. Any ideas in this direction? Any old barns / hangers about?

Rhodie
25th Feb 2004, 15:49
Greeting FB

Had to hunt through a few back copies of Airnews and SA Flyer - but found what your'e looking for.

Details are: Plane Port
(Easy terms, buy back, monthly hire etc)
Rob Owen: Cell: 083 259 0470 - L/line (011) 886-7155

Hope that helps, Cheers

R

Flying Bean
29th Feb 2004, 21:33
Thanks for that. Went to Grand Central yesterday to see the system. Very Impressive and well engineered. I'm going to take two. One for our C206 and one for my C210. (R12000 each)
Interesting that they can also be used for Caravan and B1900, but we would have to check whether DCA would allow their use for Maintenace purposes.
However you need to be be quite sure how your airport will regard them. Grand Central has no problem, but apparently Lanseria wont because they are now such a flash airport!!!

Here is the website for future reference:

www.planeport.co.za

Cheers & Thanks again

:ok:

Rhodie
2nd Mar 2004, 03:40
Pleasure FB

All the write-up's and reports Iv'e heard say it's a great system.

Thought it would be more than that - maybe I need to have a look - certainly better than hangar fees....!

Rog on the Lanseria comment - I remember way back when it was a much 'friendlier' place and I did many "$100" hamburgers there taking friends for the trip around Harties and then brunch at Wings. Sadly, costs dont equal benefit for us GA guys anymore..

Onward through the fog..

R