PDA

View Full Version : iPAC1940

iamnotanausi
24th Feb 2004, 00:34
Treated myself to an iPAC thinking it would make life easier......... who am I kidding, I can't even understand the basic everyday use of the thing. The instruction book is on a CD but doesn't cover basic stuff it's mainly techno babble.

Anyone out there who can help me with transferring date from my PC to hand held and vice versa plus other stuff please post it here!!

BOAC
24th Feb 2004, 04:14
Have you installed 'Active sync' from the CD to your desktop?

If you have, assuming your cradle connects to the USB port, what settings do you have for the programme?

BOAC
24th Feb 2004, 15:17
:p
Looks like battery life will be improved. Are they still available on ebay?

iamnotanausi
24th Feb 2004, 17:09
BOAC - yes I have installed Active Sync from CD - haven't really had much time to go through anything but what I did see didn't seem like simple enough instructions for this non-techno head!
Sadly, 1940 doesn't have a cradle, looked on HP accessories site but doesn't seem to be one for this model.
Looked on e-bay before buying at a store - mainly Palm Tungsten T3 and although it sounds great, I wanted one with windows operating system so chose iPAC.

ASFKAP - Great piccie!! Oh that it was so easy........

ORAC
24th Feb 2004, 18:18
Cradle (http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=311317-B21&sbdel=emptybasket).

BOAC
24th Feb 2004, 19:03
Iamnot - check out ebay for a cradle too.

My settings for Async (File/Connection Settings) are:

Tick 'serial blah blah blah, (I use Com 6 - experiment if that does not work)

Tick 'allow usb......'

Tick 'allow network......'

When you plug the usb connection in Async should start and copy/back-up/install/explore are all available.

iamnotanausi
25th Feb 2004, 15:16
Thanks ORAC for link, had alook, due in mid March.

BOAC - thanks for info, will check out ebay for cradle.