PDA

View Full Version : Planning on ATA Coventry?

Aerofoil
23rd Feb 2004, 23:01
Hi Guys/Gals

I was just wondering if there was anyone out there who is planning on starting the residential course at ATA coventry on May 10th?

I plan on doing this course on May 10th and would be interesting to chat with others who are planning on doing the same.

Cheers
Dave

Aerofoil
25th Feb 2004, 04:22
anybody at all?

K2SkyRider
25th Feb 2004, 19:36
Which course Aerofoil?

K2

Aerofoil
25th Feb 2004, 21:03
The residential ATPL course. Starting May 10th.

The Foil

K2SkyRider
25th Feb 2004, 21:38
Foil Dude,

I got confused between ATA and AFT. I'm not down for either, but am looking at AFT. Out of interest how long is the course? Are you paying £4300? It's just that AFT do it for £3775 or £1795 (distance learning).

K2

Aerofoil
25th Feb 2004, 22:22
Yes il be paying £4300. The course is 11 weeks long per module and there are 2 modules.

The reason i have chosen ATA at Coventry is that on about 5 seperate occasions iv had them strongly recommended to me over any other school as well as oxford. Also its a reasonably priced course too.

Let me know which school you choose to study at.

Iv Just sent you a PM also.

Good luck

The Foil :ok:

peb
25th Feb 2004, 23:36
Aerofoil Im totaly agree with you. I have been told that it is a great place. I know abot 7 people from there and I have been never told anything bad from them.
Other well know place that it is very good as everyone knows is Britol.
I think that both are great.

good luck

:ok:

Ex Oggie
26th Feb 2004, 04:43
Other well know place that it is very good as everyone knows is Britol.

They make bloody good spanners as well ........... :ok:

tom775257
27th Feb 2004, 22:32
Yes, both ATA and AFT are based at Coventry airport, and with similar acronyms! ATA (Aviation Training Associates) just teaches ATPL ground school; AFT (Atlantic Flight Training) teaches both ground school and a multitude of flight training.

I have no experience with AFT however I am a student at ATA, and have been impressed with the standard of training. ATA have experienced instructors who seem to have a good idea of what areas are important to know especially well for exam passing, with comprehensible methods of teaching.
By some freak of nature I managed to pass the first 7 with marks in the 90s for all exams thanks to ATA.

For what its worth, I would think that as with most things in life the cheapest isn’t always the best, just investigate any school fully before giving away your money, speak to ex-students, see how experienced the instructors are, visit the school and check-out what the results are like.
All the best,
Tom.

Atlantic Flight Training (www.flyaft.com)

Aviation Training Associates (http://www.atatraining.co.uk/)

RowleyUK
27th Feb 2004, 22:44
I went to ATA a nearly two years ago....

Overall i would say they were good. Teachers are good. PQ had a good style and technique and PL the same. ST knew everything you needed to know with a comittment to getting you through. A good informal atmosphere made the whole JAR thing a bit easier to swallow!

Tech's were a bit rusty but that can be sorted with a bit of feedback :=

They got me through so i cant complain!:ok:

I also did a short brush up with Oxford........I would recomend you look at them too!!