PDA

View Full Version : Businessman's £17,000 gratitude to air ambulance

Heliport
23rd Feb 2004, 21:07
A Reading businessman has given Thames Valley Air Ambulance £17,000 to buy helmets for its paramedics.

He was helped by paramedics following a car accident in September 2001 and met one of them by chance at a Reading hotel last September.
Mr Kiren Sharma said: "He remembered me, and came over to ask how I was getting on. I couldn't believe he remembered who I was, but I just want to put something back into the service that saved me."

Air ambulance spokeswoman Stevie Horton said: "The paramedics were having to share two or three helmets between them before, which wasn't very hygienic, especially in the summer because it can get very hot and sweaty. They would also be slightly too tight or too loose, but these are custom-made. We could never have afforded them otherwise."

Well done, Mr Sharma. :ok:

Report (http://icberkshire.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0300reading/content_objectid=13967849_method=full_siteid=50102_headline=-Businessman-s--17-000-gift-to-air-ambulance-name_page.html)

Custom-made and, according to the report, costing £1,000 each.
Does Mr Sharma's generous gift make them the only Bose-helmeted paramedics in the country? ;)