PDA

View Full Version : Right, finally made up my mind ...

Evening Star
23rd Feb 2004, 16:38
... that anything connected with Clarkson reflects the fact he is a self-centred egotistical sensual-self-gratifier.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/somerset/3509191.stm

'BBC stumps up for tree stunt' my foot. More like BBC stumps up for the sort of mindless wanton vandalism that would get you and I up before the beak.

Parapunter
23rd Feb 2004, 16:59
I could never make my mind up about him, whether he was laddy & wisecracking, or just an ar$e. I think maybe he's just an ar$e.

PPRuNe Radar
23rd Feb 2004, 18:19
Ar$e gets my vote :)

tony draper
23rd Feb 2004, 18:30
Watched his presentation on Brunnel from the greatest Britain series on the History channel the other day, absolutley brilliantly done,as was his prog on the Victoria Cross, I like the guy but his public are mostly the young four wheeled yobs, so he has to pander to them.
He has spawned a thousand clones though and I despise them, theres only one Clarkson.

The Invisible Man
23rd Feb 2004, 18:32
And where does 250 compensation come from..

My chuffin licence fee !!!!

Ar$e from me too..:mad:

Anthony Carn
23rd Feb 2004, 18:35
Ah, this old chestnut !

I thought that the whole Toyota farce was one of the sillier moments in a silly programme. I wonder if it was Clarkson's idea, so maybe a case of don't blame the messenger ?

He does have a great way with words, admit it.

But give me Vicki every time (though I still wish she'd watch her weight). I'd wantonly bang into her trunk for 250 anyday. :E

AerBabe
23rd Feb 2004, 19:01
Personally, I thought the Toyota piece was great. Yes, very silly, but did more for the brand in 15 minutes than their marketing department have managed in 15 years. ;)
I like Clarkson, but not, like Tones, his clones.

IFTB
23rd Feb 2004, 20:26
I always considered him to be an ar$e.
His collegues are doing a better job without all the bigheaded crap.