PDA

View Full Version : CSI: Crime Lab

Rollingthunder
23rd Feb 2004, 15:33
Seriously good TV show.

Those not in North America might want to petition your local channel to import it.

edited to say there are two: CSI Crime Lab Las Vegas and CSI Miami. Different casts. Both very good stuff.

takenthe5thamendment
23rd Feb 2004, 17:02
Yup, Have to agree, brilliant stuff. :ok:

Available in UK on Channel 5 - for those lucky enough to live in an area that receives it, otherwise on Living TV via satellite.

Never miss it if I can help it.

Edited to add - CSI Miami is on Living TV tonight at 23.00hrs.

tony draper
23rd Feb 2004, 17:41
The best TV dramas on TV now are American, The Sopranoes(when is it coming back?) The Shield,NYPD,can't say I have ever watched CSI though will give it a whirl.
Similar type of brit series are amateurish crap compared,even the Bill is just downright silly now, and the others are the same, just silly tired plots, stock characters, they are the job creation scheme for ex soap opera stars, load of bollix all of them.
Brit TV drama has reached rock bottom and has comtinued to dig.

:(

mini
23rd Feb 2004, 20:57
What about "Cheaters"?

Where suspicious she enlists the assistance of the programme makers in catching unfaithful he, usually in the act...

Complete rubbish but a great watch when the brain is switched off

Only ever get to see it when I'm in Africa (DSTV)

:E :E :E

Onan the Clumsy
23rd Feb 2004, 21:35
Here we go again...

Sure, CSI is an entertaining watch, if you must offer yourself to the Eye of Satan, however, it seems a little contrived. The thought that a city would be willing to spend that much money on offices, or for that matter equipment seems a little ridiculous. And how hard is it to be a CSI officer? Everyone can see you just cut a little bit off with some scissors, bung it in one of those little orange plastic test tube things, squirt on the magic liquid and pop the wjole lot in Gandalf's centrifuge. A couple of minutes later, out comes a sheet of paper with a graph telling you exactly what you need to know to catch the killer (who when presented with the evidence, immediately confesses).

Then there are the plots - or lack thereof. Have you seen the one yet when the film star is photographed making out in his back garden (sorry) with his boyfriend. These photos could 'ruin his career' Well for fckus sake, why not nail your boyfrien in the house then, with the curtains drawn? :rolleyes: Anyway, it turns out at exactly the same time, his neighbour is murdering someone (they know this because they run the film through Gandalf's centrifuge, which magically enhances the picture so well, it revolutionises the entire business of photography). He eventually gets caught, but we never find out why he killed her :*

Then there was the one where the murderer hid in the attic and the fat bloke who has a beard had to scour the entire house to fing the attic hatch in the closet, which is funny, because just about every house in America has one, not to mention, wouldn't you get a little peturbed at the sound of a murderer clomping around in your attic. Just the squirrells are enough to pi$$ me off. And I bet you'd never notice the mess he left when he drilled all the holes in your ceiling to spy on you. Ok, you might not, but you think you'd see the fckuing holes he left.

As for jolly old British TV, Don't be so quick to write it off as absolute [email protected] I get to see a bit of BBCA (Does the A stand for America, or Adverts? :* ) and I peruse the stock at the local video store, so, how about ...

Cracker - Excellent. Saw 'em all in two days
Touching Cloth - Excellent
Prime Suspect - Excellent, though contains gratuitous kit doffing
Spooks - Excellent, seen 'em all in two days
Rebus - not seen this one yet
Vice - Only watched the first. Don't think I'll bother with any more
Wire in the Blood - Only seen one, but it was ok
Johnathan Creek - Can take it or leave it, but at least someone had to think to write it
Lovejoy - is he really gay?
Morse - I thought it was ok, but it had a large following
Dalgliesh - Pompous [email protected] I'd love to punch him right in the stupid cavalry moustache
The Sweeney - I'd better not watch this again as I have fond (but possibly rose tinted) menories
The Professionals - See The Sweeney

BombayDuck
23rd Feb 2004, 21:35
Oh yes an awesome series. I was worried that when they started it in a new city the new cast might not live up to the old one, but damn they did!

AerBabe
23rd Feb 2004, 21:54
My personal favourite is when they manage to get someone's DNA fingerprint within a matter of hours. Yeah, right. It takes that long just to set up the equipment. :ugh:

Jerricho
23rd Feb 2004, 22:45
CSI is great. Mrs J loves it so much.

CSI Miami = Bag of shite! That red head **** Caruso (Sp?) couldn't act surprised if you dropped a ton of bricks on him from a great height without him knowing about it.

Mr Chips
23rd Feb 2004, 22:48
10-8 Police thingy - its on Granda, all about trainess LA Sheriffs. Really good - especially the one where an irritating trainee was put in the boot of a police car which then bumped kerbs, turned tight corners etc

Monk - Police consultant with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Excellent Show!

Chips
Stuck in front of a TV!

Onan the Clumsy
23rd Feb 2004, 23:30
Jerricho Yeah, he can't even look at the person he's talking too either.

Jerricho
23rd Feb 2004, 23:35
Hell yeah Onan.

And having suffered a few episodes of Miami, it is just every single terrible cop cliche' wrapped into one. Very intelligent script writing there...........NOT!!

Onan the Clumsy
24th Feb 2004, 01:42
At least there are acres of gratuitous female chest visible

airship
24th Feb 2004, 04:02
This type of TV show exists solely to encourage us all to believe that it should one day be acceptable to have to pay by credit card before urinating at a public lavatory, where our pee will be automatically analysed and the results instantly forwarded to 1) your GP, 2) the family planning authorities, 3) the local drug and alcohol abuse associations, followed by 4) the DEA (or equivalent) and finally 5) the FBI and genetic database (or equivalent). And if one day they are able to identify that specific genes are responsible for society's ills, immediate preventative action by guillotining (at least for blokes) could be undertaken...:}