PDA

View Full Version : NZ regionals? Growing! Eagle Airways more services

Vmo248
23rd Feb 2004, 14:01
For you Ockers, Eagle fly 16 Beech 1900D's..

@

Air New Zealand said today its subsidiary Eagle Air was increasing services to some provincial centres.

The increases were a spin off from Air New Zealand's introduction of its cheaper Express service in November 2002.

Eagle Air has had a 43 per cent increase in passenger numbers over this time, partly due to the new fare structure but also because of a 22 per cent increase in capacity since introducting its 19-seat Beech aircraft to its fleet two years ago.

The new services beginning on March 19 are:

* Auckland-Tauranga: a new early morning weekday service

* Auckland-Rotorua and Auckland-Taupo: previously a combined early morning flight

* Auckland-Hamilton: additional middle of the day service

* Auckland-Napier: new early afternoon flights on Thursdays and Fridays

* Gisborne-Wellington: additional flight Monday to Wednesday

* Blenheim-Wellington: additional evening flight Monday to Wednesday

* Wellington-Westport: new flight on Saturdays, making a daily service on this route

* Blenheim-Christchurch: new flight on Saturdays, making a daily service on this route

* Christchurch-Invercargill: additional Saturday afternoon flight.

Eagle Air is also starting a daily Christchurch-Wanaka service.

:ok:

Woodend1
24th Feb 2004, 05:27
Speaking of the new service CH-Wanaka, has Eagle designed an instrument for going into Wanaka?

splatgothebugs
24th Feb 2004, 08:53
GPS approach, into that lovely little town

flyby_kiwi
24th Feb 2004, 13:14
Is there a GPS approach into Wanaka?

The AA-HN sector would be an interesting one for the pax. Latest checkin 30mins prior to dep. + 15mins to find a carpark at the airport and walk inside + say 10mins flight + 5 mins to offload in HN then a 15min drive into the city = 1hr 15mins to get to HN - would it not take about that to drive down on the new roading? - I assume the sector was brought about more by the need to reposition the a/c than pax. demand?

splatgothebugs
24th Feb 2004, 13:56
Back it up a little.

Its a mid day service, therefore very little demand from business pax. It would generally for those who are flying internationally wether that be from Hamilton or Auckland.

Yes, there is a GPS approach for Wanaka.

splat :ok:

Sqwark2000
24th Feb 2004, 15:29
Splat,

I checked out the AIP & ammendments for MArch 18 (?) and couldn't find any GPS approach for Wanaka.

Is it published in the "Special IFR procedures" supplement for use by approved operators only??

S2K

Thump & Go
25th Feb 2004, 14:47
S2K, Wanaka approach by GPS approved only for Eagle until June this year - due to start from week beginning 15th March I believe.

Flyby - you may be bestowing capabilities upon the Beech that it can't match. AA-HN sector more like 25min block to block, so a flight time not often less than 15mins would be realistic. Still, couldn't be much more hassle than jumping on SH1 in the Skoda?:confused:

Two Cocks
26th Feb 2004, 07:26
hey squeekie2000

i see you on the roster................ hm............ why doesn't Air N..... do it for you anymore?

flyby_kiwi
26th Feb 2004, 07:31
Split and Thump,
Cheers for putting my curiosity to ease, As for as having an approach into Wanaka I guess Ill just have to wait until there is one for all in sundry to use :ugh:

splatgothebugs
26th Feb 2004, 14:08
Sorry Flyby, I should have been a little more specific in my earlier post about the GPS app.

splat :ok: