PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia Day Fly-in (Shuttleworth)

Grandad Biggles
23rd Feb 2004, 05:27
Firstly, apologies to Tredders for starting this idea in the first place and hope you do not mind me picking this up.
After the event of last Saturday there seems to be a willingness to do it again when the weather is likely to be a little more favourable.

I have looked at the programme of events and there are some dates where perhaps we organise the next bash
BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER I NEED TO CHECK THAT THE COLLECTION WILL LET US DO IT.
I will broach the idea tomorrow with the powers that be.

It occurred to me that perhaps we could organise an event the day before a Flying Day, that means those who wished, could stay overnight and enjoy the following day also.

1st May and 5th June are the first two Sunday events. You would need to be mindful that the charges would reflect the normal entrance fees.
Also on 24th April is an indoor Photographic day (a new event). Perhaps we could make this also a fly-in.

Lets have your thoughts!

Man-on-the-fence
23rd Feb 2004, 16:15
Cracking idea gromit

I may struggle to get a day pass from the boss the day before a show (she's hardly going to see me this summer as it is and airshows arent her thing) but the idea is a great one in principle.

DeepC
23rd Feb 2004, 19:30
Sounds a good idea. The sooner we can sort a date the better. Gives people enough time to organise their diaries.

Count me in for anything PPRuNe/OW on a summer Saturday (Or Friday evening if it comes to that).

Regards

DeepC

TD&H
23rd Feb 2004, 20:27
Date for another nostalgia day?...

How about the Proms in August? A pleasant day around the collection (non-aviation other-halves could enjoy the Swiss Garden and/or the Birds of Prey (there's flying for you)) then the simply wonderful very nostaglic watching of a gentlemanly display as the sun gradually sets and the orchestra booms out 'Land of Hope and Glory', which this country was and OW still is.

H

treadigraph
27th Feb 2004, 15:48
Go for it GB! I'll be there...

Cheers

Treadders

LowNSlow
28th Feb 2004, 19:50
I'm up for the April or May dates. Can't make the June one as I'm not back until the 16th.