PDA

View Full Version : BN2 Islander in Maun?

Finals19
23rd Feb 2004, 03:17
Anyone have any idea on upcoming work potential for rated BN2 Islander pilots in Maun? I heard that there are a few operators down there that use them....is it still a matter of turning up just before the season and making yourself known????

I also hear that there is potential 206 work down there?

Any info would be much appreciated!

:ok:

SkySurfin
24th Feb 2004, 20:15
Finals,

There are 3 companies who fly islanders in Maun. Two companies operate one each and it is the only the senior guys that fly them- No exceptions. So with these dudes you would need to do AT LEAST one season on a 206 and 210 first. The other company flies two islanders but works slighty different. It prefers to employ higher time guys (1000 hours+) and then rates them on all the planes- C206, C210, Airvan, 207 and BN2s.

In short.....

1.You still need to be in Maun to get job unless you have a very good contact.

2.If you are lucky enough to get a job then dont expect to fly an islander for at least a year after.

3.You will also need to complete 50 hours line training in the Delta on the islander before they let you loose..... A really messy rule!!!

Hope this helps

nomoneynowek
25th Feb 2004, 04:39
SkySurfin

That you Andy????!!! Eeeeeesh muna

SkySurfin
25th Feb 2004, 20:10
Nah Bro,

But I know of him very well......He is still around these parts. Just got 4 bars put on his shoulders last week!

Finals19
26th Feb 2004, 02:10
Cheers for the heads-up SkySurfin....

May still try to head down there at the end of the year anyway and try my luck on 206's......

Coleman Myers
9th Mar 2004, 19:53
I heard that there is a possible job in ZAMBIA for the right pilot. Try this number +263-91-226454 for more info. I have no more information than that.