PDA

View Full Version : help with caa/uk regs only

md 600 driver
22nd Feb 2004, 16:34
Can any one help i have asked various departments in the caa and cannot get the same answers from any of them
please when you answer please put the regulation nos if known to back it up

i am asking about caa uk regs not faa ones as these are very easy to work out ,all questions are for a faa rated cfi/cpl not a caa rated pilot , for the issue of a faa licence not caa/uk

can a faa cpl/cfi train a abinito pilot in the uk ?

can a faa cpl/cfi train a pilot in the uk in a g reg helicopter?

can a faa cpl/cfi train a pilot in the uk in a n reg helicopter?

can a faa cpl/cfi train a pilot in the uk at a unlcenced site or ?airfield [like you can in the states]

can the cfi get paid in the uk.?

would the rules be different for a us national over a uk national?

is there any special certification of aircraft required n or g ?

are there any uk writtens or medical reqired to go solo

steve

sycamore
22nd Feb 2004, 20:16
I don`t have the papers, but I suspect the answers to Q1-4 are no, Q5-8 Yes.
a/c used for training must be PT, and operate from a licensed a/f-site. If non UKnational you need a work permit/ right to live/work , unless you are seeking asylum!

Think of it in reverse,ie would the FAA give a UK National the same privileges in the States....I think not...

chopperpilot47
23rd Feb 2004, 22:58
Steve,

Some of your questions overlap but I'll take them as they come.
1) Yes - on N registered aircraft.
2) Yes - for Commercial and CFI but not private. For that on a G registered aircraft you need a written exemption from the CAA. They have the power to issue that but usually only if you work with a CAA authorised school.
3) Yes.
4) Yes.
5) Yes.
6) No.
7) For N registered aircraft an annual and 100 hour. For G registered on PT.
8) No. FAA medical required and a pre-solo written test administered by the CFI concerned.

Speak to the Safety Regulation Group - Personnel Licencing Department. If I were you I would get it in writing although they are usually helpful and usually provide the same answers.