PDA

View Full Version : Airwork... is it really that BAD

22nd Feb 2004, 14:29
A mate on the inside tells me that this company is about to implode.

Seems that most of the pilots are utterly sick of the unprofessional treatment they have been receiving and have taken it upon themselves to try and form some sort of a union [at last]

I've been told that the chief pilot is only a figurehead now and a new and apparently very dangerous chap has taken over showing complete disdain to his troops.

Maybe someone on the inside might like to comment ?

Maybe it's time to employ some chicks ?:}

propaganda
22nd Feb 2004, 16:01

Have they got the B733 on the Fiji run yet, and why are the guys getting shafted, is it because there's no Chicks. ;)

currawong
22nd Feb 2004, 18:10
The multitudes in their "hold" file will find this news very encouraging, no doubt.

Continental-520
22nd Feb 2004, 20:20
The multitudes in their "hold" file will find this news very encouraging, no doubt.

Yep, unless they're chicks (!).

currawong
23rd Feb 2004, 10:51
Are they still taking wads of cash off (non chicks:E ) for type ratings and right hand seat time so you can get into their hold file?

Or was this just a dated unsubstantiated rumour ?

24th Feb 2004, 03:34
Sorry chaps I was away.

I was knida hoping that an actual Airwork pilot might have something to say but i'll try and answer your questions.

The 737-300 will be operational in March on Fiji flights.

No they don't employ chicks [shame on them].

Yes you still have to fork out wads of cash to get your type rating.

As to the treatment I can only comment on what I have been told, however NONE of it has been positive.

I am waiting for an AWK pilot to have something nice to say [or is hell going to freeze over] :8

just a groundhog
1st Mar 2004, 15:25
It would appear that the whole deal has gone south.
TV news has said that the 737 was no longer going to operate on the Fiji flights because they were unable to get landing rights in Fiji.

BCF Breath
13th Mar 2004, 06:59
Yes, you'd think that you would have all the paperwork squared away BEFORE selling the tickets......:O

rescue 1
14th Mar 2004, 11:30
Infact approvals have now been granted.

I wonder if its too little too late for Airwork.