PDA

View Full Version : What was the outcome..please???

Red Wine
22nd Feb 2004, 07:49
Over the years there has been Threads and Posts here that has created much: conflict, humour, questions, education and so on.

Once we have all had some fun or aired our frustrations the Threads and Posts just fall away, potentially with no finality.

I have an interest in a few Threads over the last year or so, that fall into this group.

Can anyone close these questions out???

1...The Parachuting B412 accident, where the main rotor hit a photogragher.

2...The S76 Main Rotor blades that were withdrawn from service after the S76 crash in the UK. Are these still stored somewhere or absolutley cut into pieces??

3...TC has asked my next question regarding the Bristow Crewman.

4...And lastly [for now] has their been any advancement regarding the North Sea Captain that suffered a head injury and was then "unfairly" dealt with by the company and insurance folk??

Thanks.

Thomas coupling
23rd Feb 2004, 15:28
anybody any news?

Red Wine
23rd Feb 2004, 18:58
Either that, or under funded and poorly resourced.

I know a number of the ATSB Investigators, and in my opinion they are as professional as any in the world.......

Lets blame the Minister for their under funding.

trackdirect
24th Feb 2004, 07:53
Mr selfish,

Try the ATSB site at the link below this may give you a few answers regarding the most recent R22 blade separation.
Sadly the cause would never have been discovered before the accident..... Internal corrosion, would never have been found with regular maintenance inspections.
I guess the ball is back in Frank Robinsons court.
http://www.atsb.gov.au/aviation/rec/rec_detail.cfm?ID=423

AU Ppruners please look at the Fraser Shannon Benefit thread and do your bit to help his wife and kids.

Hughesy
24th Feb 2004, 08:52
Mr Selfish.

There is still no news on the missing helicopter.
The last I had heard it was called off fully after a few ground searchs proved fruitless.

It's sad, but I think they will only be found if a hunter comes across the machine, because off the terrain and how dense the bush is.

Hughesy

Flingwing207
25th Feb 2004, 08:10
Sadly the cause would never have been discovered before the accident..... Internal corrosion, would never have been found with regular maintenance inspections.
I guess the ball is back in Frank Robinsons court.
...and Frank's answer is stainless-steel skins for all new R.22 rotor blades. (Just got back from Torrance a week ago.)