PDA

View Full Version : wifes off.....

robinbrown
22nd Feb 2004, 00:37
A freind recently recommended having a look at the rotorheads section of this website, as i am soon of to sunny florida for a couple of years to learn how to fly helicopters, surf and eat large steaks etc.

What they didnt say was how addictive the site is. i havnt been off it for a couple of days, my marriage is is pottential tatters, the child has forgotten who his father is, and I am massivly behind with my work schedule!

My wife has threatened to leave me and i havnt even started training yet!!

excellent site, most informative.

Watchoutbelow
22nd Feb 2004, 01:07
Welcome to the world Of Commercial Aviation!
You obviously know the deal already, you are going to loose everything, gain nothing but pieces of paper, maybe have a few laughs along the way.
Have high expectations about Florida that will come crashing down very quickly on arrival!

But stubborness always prevails!
Been there done that, wouldn't reccomend it to my worst enemy!

Heliport
23rd Feb 2004, 02:52
You're right. Rotorheads can be very addictive and create all the problems you're experiencing. :D
On the plus side, your friend's pointed you to the best helicopter forum in the world where you'll find pilots with expertise and experience in all types of helicopters and all types of operations.
Just as valuable at your stage, perhaps even more valuable, you'll find people part way through their training or who've recently qualified who'll be able to give you the benefit of their experiences - and help you avoid any mistakes they've made.

If you haven't seen it already, this is a good place to start - click Training (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116322)

Heliport