PDA

View Full Version : Banzai/FORMULA 1

SEE
21st Feb 2004, 23:21
Did anyone see Banzai last night (21st Feb 2004)? Did you see Rick Waller try to eat all those sausage rolls! Hilarious, but he got a poor score - I thought he could have easily polished off the lot!

Is anyone looking forward to the 2004 Formula 1 season? Who do ya think will be crowned champion? - hopefully not a Schumacher!

I hope that Kimi will win but the MP4 - 19 appears to be having some problems...

Has anyone seen the new Williams nose - wierd eh? (see www.williamsbmw.com

This is my first post ever! I hope I didnt bore you too much but i think we need some F1 banter in here!

Scott (Student Pilot):ok:

Soz guys/girls the correct williams website is www.bmw.williamsf1.com

P.S. I am a McLaren Mercedes Supporter (not Williams) - the Mclaren site is www.mclaren.com to see the new MP4 - 19.

Jerricho
22nd Feb 2004, 17:36
Welcome SEE!

The Williams front reminds of Cherie Blair.

Word on the street is Toyota truely believe they are going to be a viable challenger to the big 3. Pipe dreaming maybe..........we'll see.

If that lunatic Takuma Sato can keep his car on the track there may be a little surprise around as well.

Ahhhh, F1.

Grainger
22nd Feb 2004, 22:06
I just love all the pre-season posturing . . .

Every year the same thing. Remember the time when Thierry Boutsen :rolleyes: was going to be the surprise championship contender ?

All this innuendo is very amusing, but there's only one way to find out - and that's on March 7th. . .

Jerricho
23rd Feb 2004, 01:12
Agreed Grainger, always amusing and entertaining.

But there is always that element of either eating your words or being able to turn around and say at the end of the season......"Ha, told you so!!"

EI-TURKEY
23rd Feb 2004, 02:04
I have to be careful, going to my favorite F1 site, if I get it wrong I get an out-of-proportion blond:rolleyes:

www.jordanf1.com

:ok:

Mind you, it's a bit like being a Spurs supporter these days.:D

maxman
23rd Feb 2004, 04:10
Used to like F1, but it became a bit boring. Would still like to see Jordan do well.
I got hooked on Moto GP a while ago, watching Valentino Rossi when he's in a hurry, unmissable:ok:

maxalt
23rd Feb 2004, 11:06
Howsabout a PPRuNe Monte Carlo F1 Bash this year?
Anybody up for it?

Buster Hyman
23rd Feb 2004, 11:21
Let's see now...F1...Melbourne...Webber...Jag....

What more could you possibly want?:ok:

Aileron Roll
23rd Feb 2004, 13:27
Those little RED cars have it won already !

SEE
25th Feb 2004, 22:26
Na m8! I think it will be a tough season for Ferrari this year! well i hope so anyway!!!

Who is getting up at 3 in the morning to watch the Melbourne race? I am gonna if i can!

A PPRuNe Monte Carlo bash would be great! Have you heard that you can get 3 days for the price of 1 at Silverstone this year! its about 95 for the 3 days - BARGAIN!

What do you think about BAR's laptimes in the testing - are they impressive or are they just trying to dominate the pre season hype with fast runs on light fuel?

Scott (Student Pilot)

:ok:

Buster Hyman
26th Feb 2004, 05:56
WHAT? They're running it at 3am!?!? But there's no lights at Albert park!:eek:

cloudcover
26th Feb 2004, 06:01
BAR...light fuel? Unlikely I think.

When cars test they usually do 60+ laps
If the cars come in every 4-5 laps maybe...but
I dont believe thats been the case:)

spekesoftly
26th Feb 2004, 06:30
Quote from a well known motoring journal:-

"On the 22nd January Jenson Button did a two-lap run at Barcelona, and became the first man to lap in 1m 14sec.
An out-lap plus two flying laps implied a fuel load of not much more than 8kg."

Don't be too quick to dismiss Ferrari in 2004:-

Latest from Imola (25/2/04) - Michael Schumacher set a new lap record during testing, over a second faster than the next quickest driver.

Wedge
26th Feb 2004, 07:16
Ferrari a full second ahead.....this season is going to be........ah.......(yawn)....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................

yintsinmerite
27th Feb 2004, 20:35
I think it just has to be Minardi !!

(I wish there was a flying pig smilie)