PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Prestwick to Girona/Barcelona

sparkymarky
21st Feb 2004, 22:02
Does anyone know what the yields are on this route?

I flew this route just after it was launched and the plane was full. This year I was planning a return trip, but the prices never seem to drop the same way they do during special offers on other Prestwick routes.

One can only assume they are filling the aircraft anyway, so don't need to be over generous with the pricing.

Hopefully this means either more frequent services will be introduced at some stage, or other sunshine destinations will be added?

NB This is not a Ryanair bash. I'm flying Prestwick - Milan/Bergamo soon for £50 return, inclusive of all charges. Great value! :ok:

kpiko3
22nd Feb 2004, 04:32
Recently ,
Ryanair have mentioned Rome Ciampino and Klagenfurt.
Others possible are Murcia,Jerez,Carcassonne or Reus.

Kpiko3

Voldermort
24th Feb 2004, 20:21
Not quite true Sparky as me and Mrs Voldermort are on this flight tommorow and paid the sum of £32.90 return for both of us.This is the 4th time we have used it since Nov and each time never paid more than £18 return p.p.It has to be said though the flights have been either full or almost full and these tickets were booked using a newspaper promotion i.e. £1 + taxes.No doubt these kind of fares will not be available again until Nov time when there is a slight drop in demand.However you are right that during the Summer I could never find a fare less than about £90 rtn which is high by Ryanair standards, as for other sunshine routes I would think Murcia(if only because they fly there already from BHX/STN)
Enjoy Bergamo/Milan when you go :cool:

sparkymarky
24th Feb 2004, 23:40
Cheers Voldermort. You have fun too!

Hopefully Ryanair ops have noticed how much we like the sun and will be planning some new routes soon.