PDA

View Full Version : Joystick Calibration

Port Strobe
21st Feb 2004, 05:22
Does anybody know if there is a file with the raw data for joystick calibration that I can edit? My problem is that no matter how many times I calibrate it, it still has a bias towards the left in roll and yaw. The yaw can be compensated for in FS by putting in a crosswind component on the ground and using auto-rudder when airborne but in level flight there is a continual roll to the left which is very annoying, holding heading is nigh on impossible! When I've chosen to "show raw data" during calibration, it ranges from 0 to around 256, but the centred values aren't halfway, so I thought if there is a file containing these values I could edit it. I'm using a Saitek Cyborg 3D Rumble Force stick.

Thanks for your time.

BoeingBoy
21st Feb 2004, 05:40
Hi Port,

I use the same stick, but without problems in FS 2002/4.

Don't know which aircraft or FS version you're using but all MSFS versions have a facility to assign keys to aileron trim.

Try going to assignments and choose two keys or buttons on your keyboard and/or stick and use aileron trim to get rid of the tendency. After all most airplanes are bent, from school C152's through to 75/767's. In fact on the older Boeing's it is not unusual to wind in five units of rudder trim just to fly straight and level, just treat it as Saitek throwing in some realism!

If you want some real techie answers try the www.avsim.com site and select forums.

;)

Port Strobe
22nd Feb 2004, 01:03
Thanks BB, should've said that its FS2002 I'm running. I generally fly the 172, so would making an input to aileron trim via the keyboard or a joystick assignment work despite there not being aileron trim on the a/c panel (i.e does FS know that this a/c doesn't have aileron trim and so would it continue to make an input?) Also I take it that if I trimmed it then saved the flight the trim setting would be saved thereafter as with elevator trim?

Thanks very much, I'll also try avsim.