PDA

View Full Version : Caa Exam Results Notification

willby
21st Feb 2004, 03:15
Has anyone living in Ireland received their feb. results yet? I know from other postings that they have been available in the UK since Wednesday.
I would also be interested to know if your exam venue has any bearing on how soon you get the results e.g. Would the fact that exam papers from Glasgow have to be despatched to Gatwick before being corrected delay their results over say papers that were completed in Gatwick?
Willby

High Wing Drifter
21st Feb 2004, 03:32
Try your Ground School, maybe they have the results already?

willby
21st Feb 2004, 04:51
Tks HWD,
Will do as you suggest.....was'nt aware that schools got individuals results also.
Willby

Jinkster
21st Feb 2004, 06:24
Dont think the groundschool recieves results unless you dont fill in change of address on the booking sheet on the exam desk then the results are sent to the address on the sheet.

I ask my groundschool to book exams for me and changed the address in the exam to my home address.

I would try your groundschool - they probably have them and are sending the results to you - hence the delay :ok:

Jinkster

crispy banana
21st Feb 2004, 09:41
Your groundschool can get them and fax/email them them to you....

I did this when I finished Mod 2 after waiting 6 weeks to get them in the US :ugh:

Results were out on the friday (at the time I did them) and I had the results via email by the Monday morning (did them with Bristol :ok: )

All the best with them :ok:

willby
21st Feb 2004, 12:22
Tks CB. Actually I got results before by contacting CAA by email. I tried that route again this time without a reply.
Willby

Keith.Williams.
21st Feb 2004, 20:34
The location at which a student takes his or her exams does not affect the time at which their paper is marked by the CAA.

Before marking any of the papers the CAA wait until they have received the papers from all of the schools under their control. They then examine and decide upon all appeals that have been made, before starting to mark the papers. The papers are then marked by computer.

The results for schools in Spain and the US are sent by FAX. In an attempt to ensure that all students get their results on the same day, the FAXes are sent, on the day after the results are posted to students in and around the UK.

None of this can of course prevent delays with the delivery of individual envelopes to individual students. It is also true that the CAA occasionally make mistakes. One of our students failed to be sent any results for the January exams. This problem was resolved by my making a telephone call to the CAA exams staff, who then sent the results to us by FAX.

Any student who has not yet received their results for the February exams should contact their school or the CAA.

After each set of exams, this forum includes a string in which one or more students ask when the results will be released. The CAA quarantee that they will release results within 10 working days after the end of the week in which the exams were taken. Throughout the past year or so they have done better than this, with the majority of results being on students' doorsteps on the second Wednesday (7 days working) after the exams.

Each school eventually receives a table of the results for all of their students, but this usually takes a further week or more.

skyman68
22nd Feb 2004, 05:50
got my results this morning,
all passed. in 2-3 months I will be JAR ATP certified with 2000h and more.

watch out guys, I am baaaaaaack!...in the business!

willby
22nd Feb 2004, 07:39
Thanks Keith for the very informative posting. As my query has been fully answered I guess I can end this thread. Thanks to all who contributed.
Willby