PDA

View Full Version : Flying UK based "N" reg aircraft on JAR ATPL

Sean Dillon
21st Feb 2004, 02:30
Hello,

Could someone please give me an idea on what is required of me with a UK ATPL to operate a US registered based aircraft here in the UK...

Is it a simple matter of getting a validation/or getting a US CPL/IR issued or do I have to sit FAA written exams ???

Thankyou...

Cheers
Sean

bluesafrica
21st Feb 2004, 02:47
Inside UK borders you can fly with your UK issued license. Outside you need FAA license what will be rather easy to get in your case. Just sit the written exam and checkride. Maybe next time when you are in US for a recurrence?

Maybe someone will know better with these JAR regulations as your license maybe good inside JAA countries, not only in UK.

Easiest and simpliest is to do a full FAA ATP.
Blues:ok:

scambuster
22nd Feb 2004, 20:53
You're ok INSIDE the country of issue. JAR so far does not count as a single country. This is info direct from the Feds.

CJ Driver
22nd Feb 2004, 23:56
A clarification on the earlier answers - you can only operate a US registered aircraft on a UK licence privately. No commercial, no aerial work, no hire or reward. If you want to get paid (or if anyone in the chain of operator/owner/whatever is getting paid) then you must hold a US commercial ticket. Also, this privilege only applies in the UK, so you can't go foreign using your UK licence with a US aircraft.

For an earlier in-depth discussion look at the thread on IMC ratings and N reg aircraft.