PDA

View Full Version : Airline owned Flightschools

Givme2W_Dep
20th Feb 2004, 23:47
Hi everybody!

I have a question to all the experts around here: How do the major carriers around the world recruit their pilots?

Hopefully that sounds easy to answer for you, because I had some trouble trying to find informations. I searched the pprune forums which resulted in some 3000 threads, part of it containing outdated information.
I also checked the various internet pages and I figured out how recruitment works with BA, LH and KLM but allready on the Air France page I only found some french information which I couldn't translate...

So hopefully there are a few pilots from the carriers aorund the world, who can give me some information on:
- which Airlines do have their own Flightschool
- do they run an ab initio program
- or have the possibility to upgrade from a PPL to a CPL-IFR or ATP License?

or who do have another hint on which web pages to check for details.

Thanks a lot for every information you can provide me with!!!

Best regards,
GIVME2W out of MUC ;-)

scroggs
21st Feb 2004, 00:39
If you've worked out how BA recruit, perhaps you can share that secret with the rest of the Wannabes community?? :p

Scroggs

sharksucker
21st Feb 2004, 02:20
Air France run their own programm as well like LH.
But there are two things they make life for you much harder then applying to LH;
first of all you have to be french nationality, or speak french as your mother tongue, and of course, there is also a way in, even when you did your training somewhere else; but according what I was told from others (never checked this, cause my french is anyway to weak to work for them..), you have to do the whole training again with their school!
There are a lot of major airlines running their own cadetpilot programms, like Cathay, Air Nigeria, South African, Ethiopian, Air China, Thai Airways and so on. But for most of them you have to be a national one...
So, if you want to do it via an Airline, have a look in Europe (Germany or U.K., I donīt think you will get a chance somewhere else..) or if you had a green card for US; saw recently some interesting stuff , where you have to pay for your training, but in the end its less then in Europe, and they will finally offer you a job with their regional airline..

Sorry, that I couldnīt help you on that..

Givme2W_Dep
21st Feb 2004, 02:38
@sharksucker:

Thx a lot for the informations about the Air France Program!

Right now I'm not looking for a flight school to attend or an airline cadet program to join, which is why your answer on AF allready helped me a lot.

I just completed my CPL IF Training and would like to set up a new website for all other "wannabes" where they can find basic infos on all airline ab initio or airline sponsered programs.

(Only basics, no competitor to pprune wannabes - I couldn't compete anyway, but a place where to get some news on the variety of programs at one click)

@scroggs:

guess your right about BA. I didn't fully understand that anyway: As far as I know the don't employe any new pilots but on the other hand they still have a recruitment page on ba.com