PDA

View Full Version : Tuna-Food for Cats & Poor People.

maninblack
20th Feb 2004, 19:03
When Maninblack was a mere sproginblack he was never given tuna to eat.

Muminblack had been brought up in a major city, during the war, and had eaten tuna that Grandadinblack had borrowed from the docks where he worked in order to supplement the meagre rations available.

During childhood I was told that "We don't eat tuna because we can afford salmon."

So, to this day I see a tin of tuna and my mind immediately springs to "Food for poor people and cats."

Any thoughts to add.
:E

Stockpicker
20th Feb 2004, 19:08
Fresh tuna steak much tastier (and apparently less likely to poison one) than fresh salmon these days.

topcat450
20th Feb 2004, 19:23
All tins of salmon I've had seem to be full of bones, which even though the small ones might not kill ya, annoy the hell outta me.

Tins of tuna on the other hand, don't seem to. - but maybe thats just luck?

sprocket
20th Feb 2004, 19:25
Given up eating tuna nowadays, there just isnt enough dolphin with it anymore.

tony draper
20th Feb 2004, 19:25
One dislikes tinned Salmon intensely, but one just loves tinned Tuna chunk sarnies, dunno what that says about ones brunging up.
Had a Aunt one who was a cat person she had five of the blighters, the house didn't smell of cats, it stank of the Lights (SP?)she usta constantly boil up forrem, for the uninitiated lights(SP?) lites? were the lungs and other inedible bits from cows and sheep, they stank like a bag of vipers when being boiled up for pet food, I can still smell that awful smell now.
Small hound dislikes tinned tuna,which is unusual as me two lodgers love it,
Small white hound would undoubtedly throw the mother of all hissy fits if one were to offer him lites or lights.
Venison, steak, chicken yes, lites, definatly a no no.
Although who can tell, theres a dog meat on the market called Butchers Tripe, it looks and smells revolting, but hounds seem to love it,no accounting for taste is there.
:rolleyes:

HomerJay
20th Feb 2004, 19:28
Shouldnt really reveal this but mix tuna with philadelphea.yum

phnuff
20th Feb 2004, 21:27
Tinned tuna is a vital constituant of phnuff's tuna and black eyed bean salad. Yumm

Lord Draper mentions tripe. Does anyone still actually eat that crap ? There used to be a tripe stall in Leeds market - stank to high heaven and was always patronised by a certain type of person that I cannot describe without sounding snobbish

Oh, and there is always brawn !!

Windy Militant
20th Feb 2004, 21:38
Bah I'd just figured a cost effective way to get the mercury out of tinned tuna when those damned tree huggers went and spoilt things. Those pesky kids I'd have gotten away with it if it hadna been for them :*

mini
20th Feb 2004, 21:45
Tinned tuna has been a welcome delicacy in some of the s**tholes I've worked in...

At least you get a dry crap after it

:\

Bob Brown
20th Feb 2004, 21:57
You don't want Tuna, you want Dolphin. :p

maninblack
21st Feb 2004, 00:06
Mind you, having seen a diver attacked by a pack of tuna (I refuse to use shoal as it is too benign a word to describe these piscene wolves) I would shake the hand of anyone who tins the bar-stewards.

Caslance
21st Feb 2004, 01:00
Despite being fish, tuna are actually warm-blooded.

Not a lot of people know that............:8

IFTB
21st Feb 2004, 01:02
So?

Ian Corrigible
21st Feb 2004, 01:50
Or, as Frank Drebin would put it:

(From The Naked Gun!)

Frank: Uh raquel, just a second, I just had a thought. This show is being seen all over the world. I was thinking, if we could all just send good thoughts, transmit them through these cameras here, to the elected leader of China, Wing wa woo tong, so that they might finally be nice. Thank you.

Raquel Welch: And the winner is..

Frank: Uh Raquel, so many go to bed hungry in this nation, yet cat food is full of tuna. I can't help but think each time I go to the zoo and see those porpoises, crammed into those tiny tanks, what a waste that is. Butcher half of them now! That's hundreds of pounds of dolphin meat that can be fed to our cats, freeing-up that tuna, for our nations hungry.

Raquel: And the winner is..

Frank: Uh, so many are cold, shivering in the night, so I say, take those cats, skin them! Use their fur to keep hundreds warm...

:E

I/C

Rollingthunder
21st Feb 2004, 02:12
Tuna does make a nice sandwich with a bit of mayo and onion.

Why does America call it Tuna fish? I mean they don't call halibut, halibut fish or snapper, snapper fish.

Boss Raptor
21st Feb 2004, 02:16
I wont eat British tinned Tuna...but French and Spanish Tuna is so much better (just like their Women)...nice huge sections...not the spuke type muck of its UK counterpart.

Nice big juice Tuna steak seared with black pepper and a touch of citrus :ok: