PDA

View Full Version : Propellers

pubsman
20th Feb 2004, 17:56
I have an old wooden propeller that I know nothing about. Does anybody have any suggestions (Databases, Web Sites, Museums etc) that may be able to help. The hub has some technical details stamped on it and I can list them as required.

Thanks

TD&H
20th Feb 2004, 20:29
If you have good reason to think it's an ex military prop then try contacting the RAF Museum at Hendon. They have helped me before with general enquiries about equipment. Give them all the info from the hub, and some time to look up their records, and you might be presently suprised. But don't pester them if it's most likely not military.

Why not describe it here. Giving size, any leading edge protection, covering of fabric (which would suggest a rather old one) etc., there some very knowledgable Ppruners.

H

DeepC
20th Feb 2004, 21:34
Also describe any markings on the hub. That way we can use search engines etc on the web to do a bit of digging.

DeepC

Ex Oggie
21st Feb 2004, 01:40
If you can list the markings on here, I'll have a flick through my records and see if I can match anything.

Oggie

pubsman
23rd Feb 2004, 18:07
Thanks for the replies. I'll try and describe the details (or take a snap of them) and post here later.