PDA

View Full Version : Hitting the Trigger

spekesoftly
20th Feb 2004, 08:50
After a long haul, it now looks like our local exchange will soon have sufficient pre-registrations to achieve the trigger level to be ADSL enabled.

BT state that it usually takes 3 - 4 months after the trigger level is reached, for work to be completed to convert a local exchange to ADSL.

Based on personal experience, can anyone comment on how typical/accurate is the quoted time-scale?

DeepC
20th Feb 2004, 21:40
Blunham Exchange hit the trigger level on 9th September 2003 and was enabled on 14th January 2004.

Make sure that you get your line checked out ASAP, so that if you have DACS fitted you can get it removed prior to the exchange being enabled.Otherwise you will have an additional delay.

If you still haven't chosen a BB ISP then I would recommend Pipex.

DeepC

spekesoftly
20th Feb 2004, 22:39
Thanks for your reply, just over four months sounds reasonable.
(I've subsequently heard that some exchanges are taking up to nine months!)

Good tip about DACS, although I'm fairly sure mine isn't, and there seem to be plenty of happy Pipex customers.

spekesoftly
8th Apr 2004, 13:35
Well we finally hit the Trigger on 27th Feb 2004, and have been waiting ever since for BT to set an RFS date.

Over 200 RFS dates have been announced today (8th April 2004), including one for our local exchange -
23rd February 2005 !! :(

No rush for me to choose a Broadband ISP then. :{

Naples Air Center, Inc.
8th Apr 2004, 18:29
spekesoftly,

It is great news that it is coming. We will welcome you to Broadband when you get it ;)

Take Care,

Richard