PDA

View Full Version : going to Hong kong?

Mikey21
20th Feb 2004, 05:02
Hello boys and gals.

I want to get in the door, also planning to make a trip to Hong kong, to try and meet some people. To may be accelerate the process or perhaps sink the ship

Do you have any suggestions on who shall i meet? names and titles???

Do you think i am wasting my time and theirs?

Looking for some input from some cathay guys..........or the one who's done it.

cheeeeeeeeeeeeers :E :E

Mikey21
22nd Feb 2004, 06:58
thank you very much i will look into that :sad:

Don't tell me nobody has done it before????????????

Still waiting,

If i can just get the name it would be great.

fdx
22nd Feb 2004, 14:49
Not too sure what is it that you have been doing to get your foot on the door up until now, but I do suggest that before you show up at Cathay city you should consider sending your resume to pilot recruiting. The address and phone numbers are listed in www.cathaypacific.com and if you are so inclined a phone call to recruitment could be a positive move. But, in all honesty, I do not think that showing up there with any notice would get you anywhere. Recruitment is a fairly busy department and I am sure that they will get a hold of you whenever they are ready for you (just my 2 cents). Send your resume and hold on until they call you.
I wish you the best of luck!

Pogie
23rd Feb 2004, 07:58
I personally wouldn't recommend just showing up. As stated previously, they are very busy. Recruitment is in a secure area as well. You'd need a pass to get past security. If you tailgated through a door without one, you might just destroy any chance of being hired.

Mikey21
24th Feb 2004, 04:05
Well, thank you.

This is why i was asking the q? because i wasn't sure if it was a good move or not.

I have been updated my application every 6 months or so, but still in the dark,

been on file since July 2001,
I don't have any Jet time but i have heard of guys getting on with 2500 h, this is why i sort of wanted to differenciate myself by showing my face!!

Cannot be sending updates all my life! Cathay is the way i want to go, so the sooner the better.

Thank for your input.

I can't seem to find the phone number?

Anyone? cheers