PDA

View Full Version : Missing 'Open with' in right click menu......

BRL
20th Feb 2004, 03:20
Hi all. Simple this one, I do not get the option of 'Open-with' when I right click something. When I double click, it opens with notepad. Clearly I have ticked the box that says do this everytime so how do I undo it again, ta........... Brl.

ORAC
20th Feb 2004, 03:38
My Computer - Tools - File Type.

BRL
20th Feb 2004, 04:07
Hi there. I go to My computer and it lists what I have on my pc. it lists Documents, Drive D, Local disk (C: ), 3half inch floppy, E: drive, dvd/cd-rw drive F on the left is the usual System tasks, Other places and Details. Can't see Tools anywhere at all. :confused:

(Win Xp.)

Naples Air Center, Inc.
20th Feb 2004, 04:35
BRL,

Open Windows Explorer and you will see Tools on the top tool bar.

Take Care,

Richard

Wing Commander Fowler
20th Feb 2004, 06:24
Try shift and right click - reveals a load of other options and "open with" should be one of them...... fingers crossed!!

;)

Bre901
20th Feb 2004, 06:24
Tools/Folder Options/File Types (WinME, your mileage may vary if using other flavours of Windoze)

BRL
20th Feb 2004, 16:31
Thans chaps. When I go to folder options, the box next to "Opens with" is greyed out, it says 'Change' but as I say it is greyed out. I also do shift and right click and that produces no extra stuff.

Running Opera and WinXP. :confused:

Bre901
21st Feb 2004, 03:59
Does this happen with all file types or only peculiar ones ?

BRL
21st Feb 2004, 06:57
Hi there. It happens with everything I am afraid.

Mac the Knife
21st Feb 2004, 13:44
You can either:

1) Reinstall your OS

2) Hack around in the Registry 'til you find out what wrong (and break lots of other things in the process).

3) Install BaxBex Software's "OpenExpert" which is free and much more versatile.

http://www.baxbex.com/openexpert.html