PDA

View Full Version : Airman Training Oklahoma,London Training Naples

fescalised portion
19th Feb 2004, 22:35
Has anybody any experience of these establishments. I am considering training for FAA....Zero through CPL, ME, CFI, CFII.

Airman guarantees the qualifications for $25,995.00. with no extra costs guaranteed. Is the quality of training any good there?

London is more pricey,but they have excellent facilities,with new aircraft.

Sensible
21st Feb 2004, 01:06
Airman guarantees the qualifications for $25,995.00. with no extra costs guaranteed

Sorry old chap/chapess, there is no such thing as "no extra costs" Trust me, I'm a pilot!

Guaranteed passes and no extra costs just don't work in this industry!

mattpilot
21st Feb 2004, 02:10
the condition on the "guaranteed pass" is of course, that you actually pass :E

They can do no more than train you - if you are quick to learn you might pass - but you might also fail, which requires some extra training and thus some extra money.

Also, every price you see qouted is most likely the minimum number of hours required to complete that course. Now, everyone who completed their course in the absolute minimum hours required, please raise your hand! *no hand raised*

Minimum for PPL is 40 hours. National (USA) average was 77 hours a couple of years ago. Though most talented people do it around the 50 hour mark. These are all things you would also need to calculate into your expenses.

I doubt that any school would gaurantee you unlimited number of hours until you 'pass', or are qualified for that matter. Because see, they don't know if your the bare minimum type of guy, or the below average guy who takes 100 hours for a simple 50 hour course.

skyman68
21st Feb 2004, 06:03
yes, airman in norman guarantee a pass.if you are very very bad, they will kick you out! and ask to change job.

fescalised portion
21st Feb 2004, 06:40
OK people, I accept your points of view. Wherever you decide to train you obviously have to plan to pay more than quoted minimum price. It's just that the Airman price seemed cheap compared to others.
So, can anybody answer the original question? Has anybody had any first hand experience of these places?

Ninety-Nines
21st Feb 2004, 07:20
Just a few thoughts to throw out there..........

Never go for the option that is amazingly cheap unless you really find out why! There is normally something missing! I would check with them on the following:

1. Insurance coverage
2. Insurance deductibles
3. Insurance surcharge
4. Maintenance
5. Fuel surcharge
6. Equipment included
7. Examinations included
8. Flight time on examinations included
9. Fuel reimbursement rate
10. Weather patterns

If all the above are answered well, then speak to other students. That should cover all you basics, so if that is good then the choice is yours. OK is not the most expensive part of the US and therefore this may be shown in the price due to lower costs ie office rent, fuel rates, taxes etc.

Good luck