PDA

View Full Version : Where to now?

Foxtrot_Lima_Mike
19th Feb 2004, 22:14
Hello everyone,

Just hunting for some opinions/help/ideas. I'm in Africa at the moment more precisely in Namibia. I've been hanging around for quite sometime now. Simply can't find anything at this stage. It has got to the point where I'm even thinking about heading back home. It was a happy trip flying to Africa but going back home won't be the same song.

So, one last try, apart from the 'Land of contrasts' which other African countries you flyers think I might stand a better chance of getting something?

As for my details....low timer, twin rating, IFR rated, C210 type...Speaks the 'frog' language....

Thanks in advance for those who will reply....PMs most welcomed.

Over.

George Tower
20th Feb 2004, 01:45
I can't help you directly but have you given Maun a shot......plenty of info on this forum. My apologies if you already have.

Good luck

GT

Taikonaut
20th Feb 2004, 13:42
Have you tried Tanzania or Kenya? Lots of safari camps in the bush. The last time I was down there I noticed a lot of GA (light aircraft) activities.

There was also a guy who runs a small charter operations out of Mwanza, Tanzania. He also owns a small hotel near the airport, The Tunza Lodge. See if you can look him up. He's a Belgian if I remember correctly. Good luck.

Foxtrot_Lima_Mike
20th Feb 2004, 17:31
Thanks a lot for your replies guys. Any contact details in Tanzania?

Regards.

the wizard of auz
20th Feb 2004, 18:07
Have a chat with Helldog, he is in Tanzania at the moment and has a wealth of info on the place. I might even see you over there, as I am heading that way soon. (so leave my job alone) ;)

dakotanorb
22nd Feb 2004, 17:27
Hi there,
Try solenta.com
It helps a lot if you speak “Frog”.
They operate mostly in West Africa.
Good luck

helldog
22nd Feb 2004, 19:22
Hmmmm....

If you have low hours here in Tanz you could struggle. See not only is it better to have some experience to fly here but... You also have the problem when you get a job. They will ask for your resume at immigration see, and they will say well there are plenty of Tanzanians around with 300 hours why not hire them?

I would say give Maun a go. You are a bit late for the new season I think but maybe you could get lucky. Its just next door. The Audi camp in Maun has a weekly bus between Windhoek and Maun, quite cheap if I remember correctly. Give guys like Kiwi Flyer a buzz, tell 'em your coming then show up a cuple of days later to show you are fair dinkum.

Good luck tiger

Foxtrot_Lima_Mike
23rd Feb 2004, 02:17
Helldog, wont the fact that I speak French not be a good enough reason? Just wondering thats all...Thats if there's a need to French speaking drivers of course..

Cheers and Thanks for all the replies..