View Full Version : Massive Cuts For RAF!

caspertheghost
19th Feb 2004, 21:16
Just heard the terrible news boys and girls....

www.ifonlyitwastrue.co.uk

Quote:

"Massive cuts are due to be made to the RAF later this year as a result of a massive overspend on an illegal war waged in Iraq just so that Tony Blair can win friends in America.
Defence chiefs have been quoted as saying that manning levels in the RAF could fall as low as 35000 personnel by 2005. Most of these redundancies will be made in the Admin and Provost branches where it has finally been noticed that they don't actually do anything useful. An un-named source from Stn Hq at a nearby RAF base has been quoted as saying "These cuts are despicable. They should be cutting frontline Sqns and removing capable aircraft from service instead of cutting my staff. I've even had to call back 25 of my staff from Adventure Training courses to tell them the bad news. Who am I going to delegate all my trivial jobs to when I lose all my staff? Disgusting!"
Even worse hit than the Admin Wing will be the RAF Police who will really feel the pinch as they will lose funding for their mobile speed traps placed around peri-tracks at most bases. It has also been rumoured that due to these cuts the RAF Police will have to do something constructive other than just raising and lowering the barrier or making sure nobody uses unregistered floppy disks on the Stn computer networks.
Other changes include a Supply flight that will be streamlined and replaced with an efficient organisation that can actually supply equipment to the people on the frontline. Rumours have yet to be confirmed as to whether or not the replacement staff will all be issued with flying suits and aircrew watches.
Some good news from the report is that no frontline Sqns will be axed as news has emerged that these people are actually important and work for a living. The Eurofighter will enter service next month and will be combat ready within the year. Senior defence officials are remaing tight-lipped about the sqn of flying pigs."
:ok:

detgnome
19th Feb 2004, 23:46
Apparently in a further round of cost cuts and in a bid to improve flight safety ATC will be axed to prevent large numbers of ac being forced into the same small piece of airspace.

insty66
20th Feb 2004, 02:53
That all sounds too good to be true!
There is also a new loyalty scheme where a/c recieve airmiles when refuelling. It is hoped that this will help maintain servicability by rewarding every 100,000 Kg of fuel taken with a land away, or 1 free round at happy hour.:}
The latest maintenance schedules will see aircrew doing all thier own servicings, as, and I quote "it never goes wrong when we do it." This has the added bonus of reducing manpower which is then offset against the stn firework display and other essential tasks.:E

I like this thread!

Pontius Navigator
20th Feb 2004, 04:41
They have just advertised for civilians to police a major future Typhoon base in Lincolnshire.

Pie Man
20th Feb 2004, 04:57
Due to problems with the new PAR flying will only take place when pilots can remain in VMC. Thus saving fuel on poor weather days (so we can sack the Met men - Civil Service saving as indicated in the news recently); additionally, there will be less time wasted replying to noise complaints from people who bought houses near to airfields, as there won't be as much noise!!

PM (not Tony:cool: )

MOSTAFA
20th Feb 2004, 18:44
Any chance they might include Always broken in Wilts and Tiger mate? I heard there are a few vacancies in the diplomatic corps.

Always_broken_in_wilts
20th Feb 2004, 21:11
They are also looking for a low cost operator for an Army Surplus Store in shropshire:E .....................duties to include dusting down boxes of unused heli parts, oiling unused heli weapon sytems and overall care of poorly procurred aviaton items:sad: ..........familiarity with US customs procedures a bonus as previous mentioned equipment likely to be returned unused, at a loss due to operator ineptness:ok:

Applications are to be submitted in crayon or can be submitted via www.botty.co.uk:p

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

MOSTAFA
21st Feb 2004, 21:53
Could be a job for you then eh, when the cuts come? Oh sorry I forgot you don't do weapons do you. If you want a hand with your CV. I'm your man. (how many r's are there in wan*e*).

RobinXe
22nd Feb 2004, 00:08
The answer's in the question.

Tiger_mate
22nd Feb 2004, 01:05
Have I upset you then?

Hark, in the distance he heard the sound of fishing line doing a runaway up.

Actually, my question on another thread was a genuine one, but if the cap fits and all that.

Always_broken_in_wilts
22nd Feb 2004, 04:50
MOS,

I sat with "baited" breath:E ................but I knew you wouldn't let us all down:ok:

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

Anton Dhorn
22nd Feb 2004, 05:53
MOSTAFA, as RobinXe says, how many s's in to*@er.

Descend to What Height?!?
24th Feb 2004, 00:52
We're hearing the figuar of 35,000 may not be too far from the truth!!!
:( :( :(

As for bases, any one want to start the betting?
:mad: :mad: