PDA

View Full Version : What a way to ask

747FOCAL
19th Feb 2004, 20:47
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2951993374%20

Thats a lot of dough to just ask. Then she finally breaks the news to you that she has fallen for your best mate. :E :E :E

360BakTrak
20th Feb 2004, 08:16
What......no bids?......cant think why...........

special_ig
20th Feb 2004, 08:34
Quote: "advertising signs in fields underneath international airport flight paths"

Better not have winds from the South on your Big Day, if you have just paid a fortune for an ad below the approach path to Runway 01... ;)

BoeingMEL
20th Feb 2004, 10:27
Wonder if they'd do one for me saying "Mavis will you f*** off?" Just a thought bm

compressor stall
20th Feb 2004, 12:47
Well if you are paying 45K to get a place in the Guinness Book of World Records, the sign will have to be a bit bigger.

Back in the halcyon business days (1980s) of the Western Australian capital Perth, Readymix bulldozed its logo into the barren ground of the Nullarbor Plain (about 500nm east of Perth) just near the Caiguna VOR over which most Perth Sydney flights pass.

It is not longer as distinct as it used to be, but with the average shrub for many miles around struggling to grow over ankle height, it will not get overgrown quickly. I saw it last month whilst on descent to Caiguna. It is several miles long, and still marked on WAC charts.

I tried to get a view of it last tuesday when paxing back from Sydney, but it was too cloudy. :sad:

CS

BTW, the cattle and sheep station (farm) on which the sign is bulldozed is 2 million acres in area. That is about normal for that part of the world. :ooh:

dallas dude
21st Feb 2004, 04:05
In the US there's a chain of stores called Target (they're like a super size Woolworth's but bigger). Their symbol consists of red and white concentric circles in the pattern of...well, a Target!

Several of these stores in the vicinity of major airports have this large target sign painted across the roof.

One that comes to mind in particular is on short final to ORD's 22R.

I've often wondered how close to a bullseye I could get with a bag of flour etc. (not that I'm gonna try).

Cheers,dd

boeingbus2002
21st Feb 2004, 06:48
Wasn't there a bottle of Becks designed into a hill somewhere near Milton Keynes?

cwatters
22nd Feb 2004, 03:43
You can imagine her answer though.....

"You spent HOW much on that bloody sign!"

AerBabe
22nd Feb 2004, 04:46
Hill near Milton Keynes?! :D

Onan the Clumsy
22nd Feb 2004, 05:35
There's a similar one near AUS, except that instead of cutting into the vegetation, they grew (or cut down) trees to spell the word.

Also, there was a story about a swastika made out of birch trees in a forest that appears every Autumn.

BlueDiamond
22nd Feb 2004, 10:03
in a forest that appears every Autumn.

Where does it spend the rest of the year??

:confused: :E

AerBabe
22nd Feb 2004, 17:51
My father tells a story about when he was at university. He studied at UCL (University College London for non-Brits). Apparently they are great vivals of Imperial, who were close by. One night someone wrote "Venereal Imperial" on Imperial's lawn in creosote. The next morning the gardener found it and, instead of replacing the whole patch of grass, he carefully dug round each letter and replaced that only. Dad says you could still read it years later!

Jerricho
22nd Feb 2004, 18:41
How much do you reckon Emily's reply of "NO!" would cost?

Dead_Heading
23rd Feb 2004, 00:20
Lol.

After his G/F saying she'll "think about it" he arrives home 2 find NO! written on his house

:E