PDA

View Full Version : flight ops training

sprogette
19th Feb 2004, 12:34
Hi all, got a quickish query - I'm an ex-military ATCO, been travelling a year or two now, keeping in touch with aviation but wanting to venture into the scene from a different perspective - UK is my next stop and I intend to stay there a while if career prospects look good. What is the best way to get into the flight operations side of things? I've watched military OPSOs tearing their hair out and some sadistic part of me wants to give it a go too...what sort of categories - rostering, logistics etc exist within the flight ops world? Best place to look for jobs?

Cheers....

VP8
20th Feb 2004, 03:43
Being ex TG9 from the last lot of cuts in the 90's I got into civil ops initially with a flight briefing company that went bust, now work with Antonov's.

Still pulling hair out!!! :mad: no change there...(still too many chiefs and not enough indians)

There are jobs around if you look at the usual sites Flight International / Aviation Jobsearch / Monster..

Good luck with it, there a lot of others chasing these as well!!

VEEPS:ok:

FL460
20th Feb 2004, 19:51
sprogette

My contact within SITA Flight Ops tell me that there could be a couple of positions in the Nav Dept based near LHR.
If you are interested send me a PM and I will get a contact name and number for you.
FYI SITA are a Flight Planning Provider for over 270 airlines world wide and are always looking for good aviation (Civil or Mil) backgrounds. Check out www.flightops.sita.aero for more info.
cheers

Homer Jay 148
4th Mar 2004, 02:10
Hi Sprogette,
Firstly Good luck with Civvie Street what a change, I made the move just over 2 years ago and have never looked back, But i wont Kid you, Charter Ops is a whole new world of stress!, But can be worth it, if you have any questions on the transition into the VERY different world of civvie ops then PM me.

We could even arrange a little time in our ops room for you, if that would help you see the how things work, out of the 11 staff 2 of us are ex TG9, so would happily help out.

Good look with the job hunting.:ok: