PDA

View Full Version : did i get the call ,now what ?

Tainter
19th Feb 2004, 12:24
i have been applying at cx for about 5 years now , This morning there was a messgage on my phone by a woman with an austalian accent She said "Hi this is Cathy ....(last name i cant understand ) from cathay pacific .......At this point my 86 year old dad picked up the phone , and his english is not very good . So he did not really understand what the lady wanted . HELP

will cathay call again in case it was for an interview ? Maybe it was a promotion , but i have been waiting for a call for a long time ....

Danish
19th Feb 2004, 15:30
Hello Tainter..

Her name is most probably Kelly Crawford, and she is recruitment Assistant Manager for the SO department.

Just give her a call and check if they are offering you an interview...Tel:(+852) 2747 8215

Good luck

Hey again Tainter...

The sad smilie is not from me.... it came from the combination of the "dot" and the ( , In other words I'm not sad!

She (Kelly Crawford) is a very sweet and kind person, I have spoken quit a bit with her the last couple of months... (I passed final interview in october) so just call her up and check if you are up for interview.

good luck again

Tainter
19th Feb 2004, 15:43
thanks
i called recruiting (+852 2747 8820) and they had no idea why anybody would call me . They only told me that my time was not enought compared to my age and that i was lacking jet time . But why would they call me to tell me that from Hong Kong ? Very confusing .....Should i still call Kelly Crawford ?

well i did just call Kelly and she told me the same thing .OUCH
i did not realise cathay would call even so they are not interested.Oh well after 5 years of applying maybe they felt sorry i guess ....
if i could only get that jet time fast i guess......

Mikey21
20th Feb 2004, 04:55
How much time do you have?
I have been applying for 2 years now, but i haven't been pushing.

I'm up to 2100 hrs , fly multi turbine, and i am 30.

Just wondering how much you have dude.

Is Andrea Lucas still working there?

SMOC
20th Feb 2004, 12:56
Andrea Lucas no longer works in Recruiting (due promotion).

on the glide
21st Feb 2004, 08:11
Tainter and others,

My PRN for Cx is 104XXX,
You know what...I've been applying in 1996 and they called in 1998 and my initial Interviewed was on July 2000 then I went
through to final on 10th Nov 2000,they provide the Headland then given welcome by the management,service briefing and license assement,and done the sim briefing and ride on 74-2.
But....then
The hope what you're expecting is NOT.....
....cheers

o_g;) ;)

cloudcover
21st Feb 2004, 10:37
Mental note...never fly cx!:eek:

CaptainProp
12th Mar 2004, 20:33
Hey everybody!!

Have been applying for quite some years now.....Is it a fact that you would need jet time to get on as a SO???? :sad:

Good luck to all!!!

HUSTLER
29th Mar 2004, 08:48
Maybe Kelly was calling to see if your wife wanted a job, thats how it works up there!!

HUSTLER