PDA

View Full Version : Who's Responsibility is it anyway

Baldricks Mum
19th Feb 2004, 11:13
I just read the fine print on an Airservices Document, and I quote: “The information is correct at the time of printing. Airservices Australia does not accept responsibility for any inaccuracies contained in this document.”

But if the information is correct, why would there be any inaccuracies in the first place, and why not accept responsibility?

Anyone else seen anything as bizarre as this on anything else? Besides of course the little message on the packet of peanuts that says that “this product may contain traces of nuts.”

Woomera
19th Feb 2004, 11:21
In Latin that translates to "Caveat Emptor", the definition of which is:

"let the buyer beware

Smart consumers know their rights and act on them. Information is the best defense against purchasing defective products or falling vicitim to fraudulent practices. Learn the facts. Ask questions. Be aware of current scam operations. Blow the whistle if you think you are on the receiving end of a bad deal. Call your local public library to get the address, telephone number and president of any company you need to contact regarding a complaint or problem."

I highlighted the definitions which are important for you to consider with those publications.

:} :} :}

Woomera

triadic
19th Feb 2004, 12:54
Much of the way AsA is doing business now is the result of changes driven by their new OLC. Nothing to do with aviation or safety or ATC etc... just legal

The Voice
19th Feb 2004, 12:55
Caveat Venditor

which translates to: Let the seller beware

hence

Disclaimer

which translates to: a repudiation of liability interest or benefit

which when all put into the one melting pot translates to: Asa which prepares the document(s) prior to printing, takes no responsibility for the printer, (which most likely is not AsA) making the error which may cause grief somewhere else along the track ..

.. which is because a contract is formed between the purchaser (pilot) and vendor (AsA) it seeks to exclude or limit the liability in any litigious event through a breach of contract or in tort.

bet you're real glad you asked ... :E