PDA

View Full Version : Low Blood Pressure

WhirlyGirl Sarah
19th Feb 2004, 06:16
Hi!

I was just interested to find out if it's possible to fail a Class 1 or Class 2 medical due to blood pressure being too low, and if so, is there a particular threshold for failing for example below 90/60?

Flyin'Dutch'
19th Feb 2004, 07:59
Hi Whirlygirl Sarah,

No as long as you are fit and have no symptoms (like fainting etc) you should be OK.

AFAIK there is no lower limit set for the CAA medicals.

I know for sure there isn't one for the FAA medicals.

Good luck.

HTH

FD

mazzy1026
19th Feb 2004, 20:15
What about high blood pressure ? :confused:

gingernut
19th Feb 2004, 21:36
Different kettle of fish...try a search or look here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107552&highlight=high+blood+pressure) :ok:

IHL
20th Feb 2004, 03:37
WhirlyGirl Sarah:
Sounds like you need a life still change.
May I suggest a lifestile of sloth and gluttony. Take up smoking and drink excessive amounts of alcohol. That should get your BP up to unacceptable levels.

Of course I'm joking. Best to see an AME for real advice.

Northern Chique
20th Feb 2004, 10:28
WGSarah, I had no problems with low blood pressure and class one medical in Aus. All my other tested parameters were digustingly healthy......

now where'd I put the bottle of baileys....

AerBabe
23rd Feb 2004, 16:35
Mine is very low - so low that when I was in hospital it kept setting the alarms off... although I don't have any symptoms. I tried leading a life of gluttony but I just put weight on. :( Anyway, I had no problems getting a Class 2.

slim_slag
23rd Feb 2004, 20:22
Also depends where you live. In Germany they will actually medicate you for a "low" blood pressure which in the UK would be considered a sign of excellent health.

QDMQDMQDM
23rd Feb 2004, 22:58
Yes, be happy. The lower the BP the better, as long as you don't have any symptoms.

QDM