PDA

View Full Version : Question for South Africans

Stunty
19th Feb 2004, 03:49
Gday all,

This is not really an aviation related question, but I have found that no matter what I need I can always rely on the world wide network of aviation friends for help. One of the joys of being in this industry.

I am after some information about what people in South Africa read for financial information. Im thinking of the average joe here so I assume there is a national newspaper that deals with economic and financial issues. As for magazines do you have a South African version of Time magizine? What about a business weekly or shares magizine etc?

Any help appreciated.
Stunty

Amabokoboko
19th Feb 2004, 13:27
Hi,

Only daily business newspaper is the Business Day, although all of the other dailies have pretty good finance sections.

Financial Mail is probably the choice of weeklies

The best web presence is probably moneyweb.co.za.

Classic FM run a superb daily hour long business program that is chaired and produced by Alec Hogg, also the MD(?) of Moneyweb.

I assume you're looking for something to advertise to the business community in? I owuld say these 4 media are your best bet.

Cheers,

S

Tiger Bob
19th Feb 2004, 14:48
The two weekly magazines are the Financial Mail and Finance Week. You need go no further than these.

19th Feb 2004, 15:37
...and you can get Time Magazine, Newsweek, Flight International etc etc as well. If you're lucky you can even find a copy of Cosmo:D

Stunty
20th Feb 2004, 10:55
Once again the aviation network comes through. Thank you all - very much appreciated.

Stunty