PDA

View Full Version : Great PETA stupidity.

con-pilot
19th Feb 2004, 00:58
The ultimate stupidity by the oh so political correct and ultra liberal idiots of PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals).

There is a town in Oklahoma named Slaughterville. Not that big as towns go, just a population of 3,069 people. I am sure that hardly anyone outside (or inside for that matter) of Oklahoma has ever heard of the place. At least I hadn’t.

Slaughterville has no major roads, highways, railroads tracks, rivers and no airport. It is just a quiet small farming community, until PETA discovered it!

The raging, foaming at the mouth super ultra liberals of PETA (the “Don’t confuse me the facts, I have my mind made up!” crowd.) has decided that the name of Slaughterville MUST go.

PETA is offering the town $20,000.00 USD (in veggie burgers) to change its name to Veggieville. I am not making this up, honest. PETA says that the name must be changed to remove the remove the connotation of the abuse and cruelty of animals that are killed for the food and clothing industries in slaughterhouses.

Bruce Friedrich, PETA’s campaign manager stated, “Even if the people of Slaughterville are not looking at the cruelty to farmed animals as an issue, it is a fact that anyone, including the residents of Slaughterville, who is eating meat, is supporting the ‘felony’ level of abuse of animals.”

“Felony Level”, give me a break!

The city manager of Slaughterville said that the odds of changing the town’s name are slim to none. Something along the lines of, “We ain’t gonin to eat them durn veggie things anyway, taste like crap.” I’m sure however, if PETA gave everybody in Slaughterville, say $200,000.00 each, they would change the name to anything PETA wanted. Veggieville, Tofu Town, etc.

Now there is one small fact that PETA seemed to have overlooked in their, I’m sure, extensive research. The town was name after the family that settled the area in the 19th century. The family ran a dry goods store (no dead animals) and a blacksmith shop. Their last name just happened to be Slaughter.

eal401
19th Feb 2004, 01:04
So the word Slaughter only applies to animals eh?

Please tell me this isn't true!

I assume these retards will then be targeting anyone with the surname "Slaughter" also.

Pathetic, utterly pathetic.

surely not
19th Feb 2004, 07:03
Here's hoping The John Slaughter Blues Band remain unknown to these idiots. Somehow I don't think John Slaughter would welcome changing his name to please a few buffoons.

I saw the group play live in a very small venue some years back and they were excellent.

AA SLF
19th Feb 2004, 13:20
con-pilot ... What else can ya expect from folks that live in FAR NORTH Texas .... :p

Least ya can say for PETA is that they do provide some very interesting photo ops ... :E

Other than that, they are surely idjits of the highest order ....

Wondering how Enos Slaughter (may he rest in peace) is takin all this hoorah .... feckin idjits ! ! !

maninblack
19th Feb 2004, 17:27
Abouth four years ago, in the Twin Cities, I saw a large pickup truck with, oddly, a PETA bumper sticker.

Not quite sure I was seeing things properly I made a closer inspection which enabled me to determine that the sticker said

P eople E ating T asty A nimals

Huck
19th Feb 2004, 18:39
But as I remember dimly from college, PETA girls put out. Just don't let them see the Spam cans in the garbage....

fokker
19th Feb 2004, 20:02
Saw a great poster over a highway in Canada: Majestic picture of moose against a mountain background with caption, in large letters "There's a place for all God's creatures" followed, in rather smaller letters, by "right next to the potatoes".

I've got 25000 bucks to persuade them them to change it to 'Kicking-the-crap-out-of-commie-pinko-sneaker-wearing-faggots-Ville'. W*nkers!

:}

Onan the Clumsy
19th Feb 2004, 22:05
What a series of well reasoned, balanced and thoughtful postings :rolleyes:

con-pilot
19th Feb 2004, 23:18
Sorry Onan, but PETA lost.

In a town meeting Tuesday night (food supplied by PETA, veggie burgers of course) the city council voted unanimously not to change the name of Slaughterville.

A local rancher and beef producer offered PETA $20,000.00 in beef to leave Oklahoma and never come back.

(And you say we Okies can’t think for ourselves AA SLF, HA!)

:ok:

eal401
20th Feb 2004, 00:10
A local rancher and beef producer offered PETA $20,000.00 in beef to leave Oklahoma and never come back.

:D :D

Nice one! Did they accept? Hopefully they were laughed out of town!

Come on Onan, which side are you on?

Onan the Clumsy
20th Feb 2004, 00:27
Come on Onan, which side are you on? Why do I have to be on 'a side'?

(If I did have to though, I would probably chose the one that wanted to alieviate cruelty against animals. Perhaps you would chose more cruelty?)

I have to say that asking the town to rename itself seems like a pretty dumb thing to do. So dumb in fact that I checked Snopes to see if it was real. I just thought it seemed perhaps equally dumb to use phrases like "'Kicking-the-crap-out-of-commie-pinko-sneaker-wearing-faggots-Ville' W*nkers!"

con-pilot
20th Feb 2004, 03:54
I said I wasn't making that up, way too werid not to be the truth.

:)

Onan the Clumsy
20th Feb 2004, 04:05
Yeah, I went to their website to vereify it and I got that dTKmc error (or whatever it is) that locks up explorer :*

And you say we Okies can’t think for ourselves AA SLF, HA! Reminds me of the storie about the Okies throwing sticks of dynamite across the Red River. It wasn't a problem though as the Texans just picked them up, lit 'em and threw 'em back. :p

con-pilot
20th Feb 2004, 04:16
Is that what them little black thingies are for then. :)

Dang!

AA SLF
20th Feb 2004, 10:57
Onan - I love ya, even if ya are a Brit ... :D

Best durn Okie joke I have read/heard in a long time ....

* note to file - do NOT cross swords with ONAN, he has a wicked way with the language *