PDA

View Full Version : MyTravel and Longhaul

aileron
18th Feb 2004, 19:54
Ive just recently come out of the sim. The usual topics came up and a few new ones.
Is MyTravel thinking of getting out of longhaul? Our Trainer seemed to think they are. Perhaps to save money etc.
Cheers

Holer Moler
19th Feb 2004, 02:47
As soon as the Hajj phase 2 is complete & the A330's return to the UK - one option is to retire the last DC10. This company is downsizing big time and any cost saving will be looked at seriously.

codpiece face
19th Feb 2004, 19:39
I have heard a rumour that they may have sourced an additional 767, which would be a good thing. I have also heard that the uk 330's are to be returned to th lessor early, although I dont know who would want them as they are oddball a/c with downstairs toilets, or when they are due to return.

To reduce the longhaul would be a good thing just now as they do not have the aircraft to do it while they are contracted to the hadj. They are still using the european 747 for the SFB services which I do not think is a bad thing as joe public probally likes flying on them and the skyservice 330 has returned to Canada to be sold to malaysian airlines I believe. Again this was another oddball a/c having PW engines.

I am certain it would be good for them to streamline the fleet, and I am glad they at least seem to be making some progress.

pilotatlast
20th Feb 2004, 04:52
Had heard that the A330's were going to Easyjet to start up Easy Atlantic from LGW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anti Skid On
20th Feb 2004, 10:49
To quote the immortal words of Jim Royle (The Royle Family)

My Arse!

Holer Moler
21st Feb 2004, 03:00
Looks like this company are trying to wriggle out of the DC10 lease, if they do this will be good news for EAL. Not very good for the 10 jocks who are all MAN based, it's the Airbus 320/1 for them and only BIRMINGHAM base is being offered. If they don't take it it's redundancy time, good news is at least they will still have jobs even if it is not at there prefered base :(