PDA

View Full Version : Deutschland Deutschland uber alles

MOSTAFA
18th Feb 2004, 05:23
Help please!! any German PPruners

Wifey's, (she who must be obeyed) has just been offered a decent job in Germany, Munich to be exact, (sorry I cant find the umlaut's) on this computer.

Whats the job situation. I got a JAA ATPL(H) with IR, 7000hrs, mostly PIC time, (less dual) a good 3500 twins, all turbine, (A109 and mil stuff) Could I get a job? Where do I start? Don't fancy being a kept man, accom sorted just need to know where to start on the work front.

Rgd's to all

KENNYR
18th Feb 2004, 06:28
Hey MOSTAFA, if you were flying 109's in the Army then why not apply for GSG9 work?????????

MOSTAFA
18th Feb 2004, 07:23
KENNYR

"A109 and mil stuff"

Sorry fellah, my english is probably as good as your German? But if you got any contacts there I would appreciate them.

tecpilot
18th Feb 2004, 14:23
Hi Mostafa

with Munich you could work in Germany, Austria and Switzerland probably. With JAA licence it should be no problem for the authorities in Germany and Austria, in Switzerland you need a special mountain rating and approval. (20 flighthours training) Important as in any country in the helo business, you must be able to speak and to understand the environment and the customer in the national language what means german. Generally as said in other threads, it's not easy to get a job at the moment, especially with no or small experience inside the country. I'm shure you CV is ok, but in the 3 countries there are some specials and some unemployed experienced pilots. In austria or switzerland most work (nearly all) is sling load in the alps, including short haul and mountain rescue. A 109 is still in use in Switzerlands REGA and in Austria there is a A109 operated by Schenk Air. Both HEMS operators. In Germany the automotive club ADAC and the public operator DRF operating EC 135, EC 145, BK 117 and BO 105 in the south on EMS. It's hard to find in Germany a A 109. You could find the links to the operators under www.helikopter.li

And a special advice. Never, never use the words you have used on the threads title. That will make you immediately to a Nazi and all the people (and the police of course, words are prohibited by law in Germany) will be really pissed.

thechopper
19th Feb 2004, 03:20
As previuosly mentionend, most jobs require fluent German in the Fatherland. There are a few exceptions though. To get your foot and tongue in, aerial photo springs to mind: http://www.helicopter-service.de are recruiting now. Check your e-mail for my Phone # and feel free to give me a tinker.:confused: :\

MOSTAFA
19th Feb 2004, 03:31
Tecpilot/The Chopper,

Many thanks, for the information. I did not give you all my details because I only wanted to generalise on employment. I do not know if it helps or indeed counts but as a family we have lived in Germany before, in fact for about 8 years. All that time I was a military helicopter pilot and must have a good 2500 hours in German airspace. My German is a little rusty but I am sure I can cope, probably need a little help on the grammar side.

I did not mean to offend with the title but if I have please accept my sincere apologies.

Viele Dank, für die Informationen. Ich bin an auf allen meinen Details nicht vorbeigegangen, weil ich nur auf Anstellung verallgemeinern wollte. Ich weiß nicht, wenn es oder tatsächlich Zahlen hilft, aber als eine Familie, die wir in Deutschland vor eigentlich für 8 Jahre gelebt haben. Alles, das Zeit ich messen, war ein militärischer Hubschrauberpilot und muß eine gute 2500 Stunden auf deutsch Luftraum haben. Mein Deutsch ist ein wenig rostiges aber ich bin sicher ich kann bewältigen, braucht wahrscheinlich eine kleine Hilfe auf der Grammatikseite.

Ich habe nicht bedeutet, mit dem Titel zu beleidigen, wenn ich bitte habe, nimmt meine aufrichtigen Entschuldigungen an.

Hopefully niether of you are purists of the German language!!!

tacks
19th Feb 2004, 22:52
Hi mate.

http://www.hdm-flugservice.de/anfang.htm

The main base of this operator is Nürnberg airport. They operate
Bell 412s for EMS.
Apparently, they are on 'short final' to get some new EC145s.

Good luck.:ok:

Brilliant Stuff
23rd Feb 2004, 18:51
How about working for Eurocopter in Donuaworth, outside of Munich?

Just a thought.

wish you the best of luck!!!!

regards