PDA

View Full Version : A trip to th'Vetinary.........

Techchick
18th Feb 2004, 01:49
I decided, today, that it was time for young Taka, my boy kitten, to take his long needed trip to the vets for a little snip.

Went out and bought one of those 'sturdy' cardboard pet carriers and waited for the appointment time to near.

He went in happily enough. It was when I closed the lid that the trouble started. We must have walked a third of the way down the street when he broke out... and goodness knows how he did it! He was more than a little agitated, I ended up with a gash across my temple before he went streaking off across the various gardens in the street, sailing over five foot walls , with me and the kids in hot pursuit.

We didn't catch him, of course. What I want to know is, who told him?? Or had he sussed it for himself because a young gentleman of my aquaintance keeps making snipping motions with his fingers whenever the kitten looks at him?:suspect: :suspect: :suspect:

Capn Notarious
18th Feb 2004, 03:44
This bloke takes his dog to the vet and puts the mutt on the table; he turns away then hears.
" I'm sorry but yer dog is dead."
Can't be!
"Fraid so."
Prove it!

So the vet go's out and returns swinging a moggy by its tail over the hound.
"Right enough, these cat scans are very accurrate."

Two elderly ladies sitting in the Yorkshire vets.
"Yes."

Me Cat keeps chasing others.
"Is it a tom?"
Nay lad, he's outside in bludy car.

Rupert S
18th Feb 2004, 05:46
Shame really, TC. Did you ever get the cat back in the end? Just think about it from the poor cat's point of view, although I'm sure you couldn't understand the complexities involved when...
...someone weilding a pair of siscors comes up to you can cops yer nuts off!

Whirlygig
18th Feb 2004, 08:18
Had a similar experience with kitten in cardboard PortaPet except I was in the car.

I had not known true fear until I drove down the M3 with a kitten under the brake pedal.

Cheers

Whirlygig

Onan the Clumsy
18th Feb 2004, 10:46
TC Hope you found your cat.

Bloke walks down the street pulling a piece of string and another bloke asks why he's doing that.

"Have you ever tried pushing a piece of string." was the reply.

"Actually" he continued "I just had to have my dog put to sleep.".

"Oh. Was he mad."

"Well he certainly wasn't very happy about it.".

witchdoctor
18th Feb 2004, 16:39
TC

That's why cat-owning veterans go for the much sturdier and virtually Houdini-proof plastic carrying boxes with prison bar doors. Had many a fun moment in the past trying to capture runaway cats in the car after escaping their cardboard prisons.:ouch:

GroundGirl
18th Feb 2004, 18:17
I remember taking my cat to the Vet in the formentioned reinforced plastic cages with the prison like door. Got him out of the car at the vets and he slammed himself against the door and broke the plastic. Now some of you may say well shouldnt have bought a cheap one but it cost about £60!!! I own the he-man of the cat world!! Eventually caught up with him after trampling across many peoples gardens and decided it would be best not to take him to the vets so drove home with him wedged under the drivers seat - he didn't come out for two hours by the time we got home. Not a happy cat

Ozzy
18th Feb 2004, 20:18
A plastic bag instead of a plastic case might have solved this problem. Mind you, he wouldn't be needin a snip by the time he got to the vets...:eek:

Ozzy

birdbrain
18th Feb 2004, 20:32
Used one of those cardboard things once whils travelling to Caernarfon from MCR.
No sooner was in the transit (fully packed with household goods) when cat escaped with what seemed like firework up its rear... round the van like a lunatic could not be caught, afraid to open the doors in case of further escape.
Decided to start the journey with cat now quietly buried among the stuff in th back...
By the time we got half way to destination cat had calmed down and had emerged from rear to take up a position on the centre of the dashboard to enjoy the view !

Never need a travelling box again....

montster
18th Feb 2004, 20:59
Whenever I get the cat box out one of my cats follows me until I've put it down and opened the lid then he jumps straight in!

The other one's not so stupid though!

airship
18th Feb 2004, 22:38
Yippee! Another kitten for Clay-Kitten Shooting (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117102) .

The best way to look for a stray kitten is...
...immediately, but definitely not in the manner portrayed by Techchick "...with me and the kids in hot pursuit...",
...between 2 and 5am on the night following, calling "here Kitty Kitty" or similar,
...on the evening the day after, by asking neighbours if they have seen/adopted a stray kitty,
...asking the road cleaner/rubbish collector if he has picked up any squashed cats,
...putting up posters of Kitty in the immediate vicinity,
...and going to the local rescue centre just in case

The greatest danger to recovering lost Kitties in order are:

1) Time,
2) Roads and traffic,
3) Other cats - cats can be very territorial, chasing unwelcome visitors ferociously for 100s of yards,
4) Other cat lovers (my cats adopted me!),
5) Local rescue centres (given the choice of a feral existence and almost certain termination - anyone know the %s?), I know which I would prefer...,
6) Supply chain which satisfies some people's desire of using cosmetics which need to be tested before being considered safe,
7) Supply chain which satisfies some people's desire of wearing a bit of fur.

That is why in the event you run over a cat, dog or other animal which could be someone's pet or see one in the road, do stop, even if it makes you look guilty. If the animal is definitely dead, then please take it off the road but leave it clearly visible. It should be left there for at least a few days. If it is not yet dead, but close to, then have the courage to put an end to its misery. Otherwise, take it round to the nearest vet - it probably won't be in a state to want to escape...

And buy a proper transport container, after all, it's something you will normally need to use at least once a year, throughout the life of your pet. Unless it was just a Christmas present. Or cheaper than the Sony one. :\

topcat450
18th Feb 2004, 22:58
Being the most hip-hop of the cat world, I will enlighten you lesser mortals with an except from my diary.

DAY 752 - My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from ruining the occasional piece of furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another houseplant.

DAY 761 - Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded, must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favourite chair... must try this on their bed.

DAY 765 - Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body, in attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was...Hmmm. Not working according to plan.

DAY 768 - I am finally aware of how sadistic they are. For no good reason I was chosen for the water torture. This time however it included a burning foamy chemical called "shampoo." What sick minds could invent such a liquid. My only consolation is the piece of thumb still stuck between my teeth - Les Hiddings was right, it does taste a bit like Chicken.

DAY 771 - There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the foul odour of the glass tubes they call "beer…". More importantly I overheard that my confinement was due to MY power of "allergies." Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

DAY 774 - I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The bird on the other hand has got to be an informant, and speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room his safety is assured. But I can wait, it is only a matter of time...

Dead_Heading
18th Feb 2004, 23:52
lmfao, TC. Our cats have done various things in the past, including:

setting themselves on fire via a candle

bringing in a headless racing pigeon (gulp)

bringing a live bird into the house

chasing one of the sheep

and teasing next doors huge doberman by sitting on the fence washing itself while the poor creature goes insane below.

These aren't all the same cat though, it would only have 4 lives left if it were.